LED conundrum

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by maurice343, Nov 28, 2012.

1. maurice343

maurice343 Read Only Funster

Can't get my LED bulb to work in the single contact car light bulb fitting over the pull down bed in our Rapido. All the spotlight fittings work OK with replacement G4 type LED's. Can it be simply a case of rewiring the fitting to opposite polarity? Any one out there had the same?:Eeek:

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

LED's will only work in one direction .... can you not just reverse the bulb?

SORRY ... JUST RE-READ YOUR POST RE THE FITTING .... YOU MAY HAVE TO REVERSE THE WIRING

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I'm assuming you mean a bayonet fitting with a single contact on the base and a second contact on the side. I had similar problems with the first (cheap Chinese off eBay) LEDs I bought for our previous van. The problem was that the bayonet fitting neck was not long enough to catch in properly and enable the side contact to work.

4. maurice343

maurice343 Read Only Funster

LED conundrum! Solved!!!

Thanks for the tip, it confirmed what I thought and on testing the polarity the bulb worked with the wires reversed. \\\\simply cut and rejoined in opposite way and hey presto!!!! LED reading light to go!!

Thanks for that, & will now be able to read when we are on the French aires in Orleon at Christmas.
    Happy motoring:Smile::Smile::BigGrin::thumb: