maurice343

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't get my LED bulb to work in the single contact car light bulb fitting over the pull down bed in our Rapido. All the spotlight fittings work OK with replacement G4 type LED's. Can it be simply a case of rewiring the fitting to opposite polarity? Any one out there had the same?:Eeek:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
LED's will only work in one direction .... can you not just reverse the bulb?

SORRY ... JUST RE-READ YOUR POST RE THE FITTING .... YOU MAY HAVE TO REVERSE THE WIRING

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm assuming you mean a bayonet fitting with a single contact on the base and a second contact on the side. I had similar problems with the first (cheap Chinese off eBay) LEDs I bought for our previous van. The problem was that the bayonet fitting neck was not long enough to catch in properly and enable the side contact to work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

maurice343

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
LED conundrum! Solved!!!

Thanks for the tip, it confirmed what I thought and on testing the polarity the bulb worked with the wires reversed. \\\\simply cut and rejoined in opposite way and hey presto!!!! LED reading light to go!!

Thanks for that, & will now be able to read when we are on the French aires in Orleon at Christmas.
Happy motoring:Smile::Smile:::bigsmile::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back