Lebara SIM in France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by bryandh, May 29, 2013.

1. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Bought a Lebara SIM CARD from local shop for €10 which included €7.50 worth of calls. Quick phone call to English speaking operator arranged 250Mb of internet connection for €4·90 which lasts 30 days. Not a lot if you surf enormously but adequate for routine contacts. Very few formalities needed to obtain card, just produce ID at point of sale.

Well done Lebara, great company for the traveller.

Regards Bryan

2. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Hi Bryan....is this sim for the phone......... (or a data sim for the lappy)...and what was the name of the shop in France that you purchased the sim from....you say 7.50 worth of calls ..What is the price of calls...

Is this the company
    http://www.lefrenchmobile.com/en/ta...-france.html?gclid=CIea18npurcCFVHItAod5F0AyA

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

They are a great company, I had a Spanish sim from them that lasted 6 weeks and still had credit on it.

4. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Hi Mel

Just a little independent shop in the local high street, the type you see in the UK inviting foreigners to call or send money home. Card is for Smart phone and, in my case, Samsung tablet and I am using it for both calls and internet, no reason to imagine it cannot be used in dongle.

After purchase you need to call the number in the booklet to speak with operator and buy either 100 or 250 Mb. The €4.90 is deducted from the credit included with card or from additional top up. If your French is up to it, have a look at http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/continental-touring/www.Lebara..fr

Hope this helped, if not....... ask me again

Regards, Bryan

PS Price of calls, don't know, don't care...... cheaper than roaming costs. B

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mel

Mel Funster

What is the coverage like in France.?

Is it as good as SFR.?

6. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Thanks for the post, I'm looking for a data only sim so will look at the link you sent. I found this: http://www.lebara.co.uk/ if you are in the UK.

7. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Cannot compare with SFR as never used it. Lebara works fine for me had no problem in use. All depends on your requirement I guess.
    Have used Lebara constantly at home in Spain and when visiting UK. Good company, good service and excellent on line help. We are now in Italy apparently they do not operate here :cry:

Regards Bryan (from Genoa)