Leaky window fix advice please (1 Viewer)

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Opened one of the windows today, to find it had stuck somewhat to the sealing strip, thus causing a thin piece of rubber to come away adhered to the window. Now when shut completely the rain oozes in down the side and collectson the inside. The only way to prevent this is to leave the window on first latch so there is no seal and the water can run away. Is anyone aware of a fix, short of replacing the whole strip of course?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Probably not, I would say is the quick answer. A company I have used a lot and have proved very useful is sealsdirect.co.uk I have fabricated many replacement seals using the stuff they sell.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paul18

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I was thinking about maybe putting a strip of rubber on the window to oppose the seal edges? Not sure i want to start taking window to bits. I will certainly get some of that rubber conditioner to put on the ither window seals

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
cant help with seals.But to stop your windows sticking to seals.give them a good clean,then rub talcolm powder onto rubber and they wont stick/been doing this for years and never had a window sticking to seal(y)

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Lip balm does the same job as the ebay conditioner--Yes try sicking some stick on draught excluder on to stop the water
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paul18

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Probably not, I would say is the quick answer. A company I have used a lot and have proved very useful is sealsdirect.co.uk I have fabricated many replacement seals using the stuff they sell.
Found something on here that should do the trick. 10 metres, so will have plenty left if any other windiw seals go (van us 11 years old afterall)

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Found something on here that should do the trick. 10 metres, so will have plenty left if any other windiw seals go (van us 11 years old afterall)
Happy to help, their prices are dead reasonable (IMHO), I have replaced a few seals in the van using their products. Also, they normally send a discount voucher for future purchases :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back