Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
The sink in our Konitiki 640 is leaking at the bottom of the pedesal onto the floor. both taps work ok. I assume that somwhere inside either a pipe or hose has a hole or more likely some connecter is loose and leaking. Its not a huge amount of water but enough to annoy you if you go to the loo in the night and stand in it! Im more concerned that it will cause damage inside as Im not sure what is in there. I assume I will have to prise the sink out and have a look, hopefully the whole thing doesnt have to come out. Anyone done this before or can give me any tips?

Away at the moment on Isle of Arran but if its straight forward may give it a go.

Cheers
Barry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Barry,

Depending on whar year it is, some have a screw/bolt in the top of the sink drain, undo that and you should be able to lift the sink out. In some cases the screw has been overtightened and cracked the mounting underneath.

You can also get at it via the cupboard underneath but be very carefull as there are some very sharp edges under there.

Do fix the leak as the water can cause problems if left.

Peter

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Hi Peter

Thanks again for a prompt post. Its a 1996 Kontiki 640 by the way. I think I have discovered the leak, its actually at the mixer / shower head base where the white hose screws onto the shower head. Its cracked almost all the way around and is leaking and presumaby when its in its recess when the tap is on it is then leaking down behind the sink and coming out into the shower tray. I only discovered it after I posted this morning when I had a shower and noticed it leaking then. At the moment I have some stretchy rubber lagging tape which I have wrapped tightly around the crack and despite it not looking that nice it seems to have cured the problem for now. Im not sure if I need just a new connecter for the hose or a whole new hose. As you said though I guess whatever I do I will need to get in there and dry up any water as it may cause damage. We are away for 10 days so would rather wait untli we get back before taking it to bits as with my track record Ill only make it worse and Mrs D will not be happy if she has no bathroom!

Thanks
Barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back