Leaky drain hole and inverter faulty (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Returned from day out to van and found water in cuttery draw find sink leaking from around drain hole then found inverter kept switching off as safety cut out reading above 15v So cannot charge pc or phone Not enough to make me head home earlier but anyone has fixed leaky sink and any idea with the inverter. any advice ??:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
leak shouldnt be a major problem, unless its frozen and split, but you may have to lift the sink up to access the plughole.

lift sink (if you need to) and unscrew the plughole centre from the plastic underneath part, usually a screw through the centre from the top, and reseal with silicon under the plughole lip.
check it isnt leaking from the flexible pipe where it attaches to the plughole.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
ignore the part about lifting the sink as you can see the plughole in the drawer opening :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
thanks for reply papajohn
phone died last night (use as hot spot) now parked outside good old Mac
now had a good look at the drain hole in day light, the plastic part which sits on metal sink is moving and i can lift 2/3 of it out using my finger and remaining 1/3 is at bottom of hole Looked like it fractured somehow, Think I will need new part and not diy job as underneath there is no flexible piping just a continuous run of 1/2 inch sloping pipe runing in and out of a circular 3,1/2 bowl directily under the drain hole unless anyone got better idea

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Waterproof Gaffer tape ??

Wash-up in cheap plastic bowl ??

But don't come home early...................

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you're voltage is really above 15v then you have a faulty charger. If its not actually that high then there is a fault with the inverter. Only solution is to check with a meter. Are you on hookup? if so why use an inverter?

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Waterproof Gaffer tape ??

Wash-up in cheap plastic bowl ??

larby, exectly what i did

reallyretired
not been on hook up wilding most of the time as travelling alone, inverter use to charge pc and phone. will have to start campsiting now.

does john cross does this sort of repair ?? my nearest i think, ie, when i get back to base next w/end

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Well as I said, if you aren't on hookup then you cannot be producing 15v from you batteries, so the inverter is faulty.
If you only use it to charge up your phone etc then I suggest you get 12v charging leads/adaptor for them as these will draw less from your batteries and by less prone to faults. Usually cheaper as well.:Smile:

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
checked into campsite yesterday, charged up phone and pcs and batteries good price 10euro plus 5euro electric
Free wifi so took oppertunities to contact inverter repairman (david brannon in wales) real gem immediate reply and info for things to check got inverter going again (no need for campsite again)
contact Glenn of Johns cross this morning sent photo via wifi. he advised that he can repair it Friday is his last day Have to return for the festive period so altered schedule and will return friday morning to johnscross.
Problems all sorted, so happy.
Will leave site tomorrow.
Thanks for all your replies,
Seasonal greetings

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread