Leaking toilet thread again (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The simple answer is. Do you check that the "Bowl" is completely empty?. Before removing the cassette?. The last flush, before you empty leaves a small amount of water on the surfaces of the bowl, this drains to the bottom (No Pun!) and collects on the top of the seal cover. When you remove the cassette this "Water" which may be Tainted, finds its way into the cassette compartment. I always open and then close the "trap" before going to empty the Cassette.

Pete

even if there is a small residual amount on the top of the blade the cassette pulls out horizontally I would expect most would come out still on top

I presume from the comments that there is a significant amount in the bottom

which if like our last one has a honey combed bottom to exaggerate the problem, cleaning our was a nightmare, when used while cassette was away for emptying :unsure:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We had the same problem on our last trip to the Continent.
As others have said, it turned out to be the seal. However, rather than just replace it, (and as we were in Spain where spares weren't as available, I set to and gave the seal a good fettling.
I discovered that there was what seemed to be a certain amount of what could only be described as chrystalisation and the edge of the seal.
As soon as I had given a good clean, no more problems.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
there's a lot to be said for black tanks, until they are full

Yes!!!. I`ve Had My Robin Williams "R-V" Moments too! As in when the macerator pipe parted from the outlet on a "posh" camp-ground In Utah!!!.

Unbelievably the Americans where extremely understanding!!!

Pete

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We had the same problem on our last trip to the Continent.
As others have said, it turned out to be the seal. However, rather than just replace it, (and as we were in Spain where spares weren't as available, I set to and gave the seal a good fettling.
I discovered that there was what seemed to be a certain amount of what could only be described as chrystalisation and the edge of the seal.
As soon as I had given a good clean, no more problems.

Do you suffer from Gout?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
No I don't but in the groove of the seal there was a definate grittiness in the detritus that was there. That's what I described as crystalline.
It wasn't meant to be either funny nor cheeky / personal. But Gout is caused by the laying down of Uric acid crystals between the joints. But of course normally that will be "eliminated" naturally!.

Pete

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It wasn't meant to be either funny nor cheeky / personal. But Gout is caused by the laying down of Uric acid crystals between the joints. But of course normally that will be "eliminated" naturally!.

Pete

Didn't think that (cheeky or personal)for one moment Pete.
The 'van is 8yrs old I've only had it two years.
Can't ask the previous owner. Gulp!!! He's no longer 'with us'
Regards
Derek

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A previously posted 'tip' for those unfortunate to have to clean up after one of these 'accidents'
We had a Lunar caravan with fitted carpets in the bathroom.???
We had a leak of the urinary kind that, started to give off the foulest of odours.
We solved the problem by buying a pet liquid enzyme cleaner from a Pet shop. Followed the instructions which involved soaking, in our case, the carpet and puddling it in. We then left it to dry and Viola, no smells.

This would work even better on non absorbant surfaces.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Tell the other half to open it first and aim straight down the hole, flush and close, remember to put the cassette back in after cleaning???
I will probably/ almost certainly be the seal kit needed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back