Leaking toilet on Burstners anyone? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Had experienced some uriney smells from the toilet for a while but always thought that this was in-between (daily) toilet bowl cleansing. Had also noted some fluid leakage on top of the cassette as I took it out to empty.
Until I read an article recently by another Burstner owner who has been experiencing similar issues, I had assumed that this was minor and not an issue. I now rhink otherwise!
Personally I believe that the toilet cassette opening is not wide enough to cover all of the opening in the bowl.
Has anyone else the same problem?
Thanks

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
The toilet will not be unique to your burstner. They are made by Thetford and fitted to just about every motorhome made. It may be that the cassette to bowl seal is past its best.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The toilet will not be unique to your burstner. They are made by Thetford and fitted to just about every motorhome made. It may be that the cassette to bowl seal is past its best.
I agree, no problems in our Burstner.

There is fluid on top of the opening flap, now and again, when I empty it but that is a result of the flap being closed before all the flush water has drained and easily solved by opening and closing the flap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Find the model number of casette and search ebay for a fresh up kit
You get a new cassette unit and toilet lid assemble for about £70 or so
Plus you then have spare unit

Our s did same it was top flap seal gone it was a small fortune for a new one and our flap opening pin had failed once so I bought a new one job sorted

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I know graham I have done that and it worked great on old one
But our cassette was a batterd and the opening flap was in a bad state so I asked the money manager for 70 quid and she said yes now that don't happen too often
Anyway I am down in sarens yard on riverside heating on full blast cooking my tea and can't be arsed going out its too cold
It's a sad life
But it could be worse I could be in bluebell drunk again

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My loo was leaking and liquid was laying in tray underneath and smelling like yours.It was a 2010 model van. I had a word with thetford who sent me the complete new centre of the cassette. It had a higher seal so made a better contact, free mod.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I know graham I have done that and it worked great on old one
But our cassette was a batterd and the opening flap was in a bad state so I asked the money manager for 70 quid and she said yes now that don't happen too often
Anyway I am down in sarens yard on riverside heating on full blast cooking my tea and can't be arsed going out its too cold
It's a sad life
But it could be worse I could be in bluebell drunk again
In that case, Peter, I would have done the same :)

You should have said you were at the Riverside - you could have got a taxi to the Coronation and bought me a pint :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I found once the cassette flanges had not engaged with the underside of the bowl correctly. Now have to withdraw the magnetic sliding cover to check engagement when replacing the cassette.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
In had am leak on my toilet I thought it could be the seal it was this part in the end

image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back