Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
To say we're frustrated with our new to us van is a small understatement.
We're near Zaragoza, it's pouring rain and the roof light over the bed is leaking! We've got two buckets and a fruit bowl under the corners trying to catch the water and protect the bed. If it doesn't stop soon we're going to need to make up the front bed which involves numerous cushions and a jigsaw of slide outs.
We have a year's warranty on the van and we've already got water ingress under the cooker reported to them plus a cracked shower tray and now this. We can see from the paper work that the front rooflight has already been repaired by the last owner.
Feeling fed up ... and damp.
Mags

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@ScotJimland you're the current expert on roof lights (y)

@Mags52 I know it's probably easier said than done but if you can't fix it properly while your away you need to do some sort of temporary repair as soon as you possibly can on the outside, even if it's just polythene and duct tape. As long as it's just the roof light leaking it should be a fairly easy fix but if the water seeps into the surrounding fabric of the van it won't be so straightforward.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
so sorry to hear this .. not really the dealers fault, but that doesn't help at present ..

I presume you can't reseal yourself, so suggest you visit a caravan / motorhome dealer as soon as possible and ask if they can reseal..

it's not a big job and two hours labour should more than cover it.. as Nick suggested try and have it bodged, even just some sealer around the edge may help..

I'm in the process of doing on mine, (you may have read the post) and I broke the window... .. it's costing £250 to replace

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
so sorry to hear this .. not really the dealers fault, but that doesn't help at present ..

presume you can't reseal yourself, suggest you visit a caravan / motorhome dealer as soon as possible and ask if they can reseal..

it's not a big job and two hours labour should more than cover it.. as Nick suggested try and have it bodged, even just some sealer around the edge may help..

I'm in the process of doing on mine, (you may have read the post) and I broke the window... .. it's costing £250 to replace

I know it's not the dealer's fault and also I know that people sell on their vans when lots of little problems appear but it's very frustrating. We've just spent £300 on new leisure batteries so this felt like a bit of a blow. We leave Spain tomorrow, through Somport tunnel and into France. Will try a French dealer but should probably call our dealer first to see what they suggest as it's under warranty.
Thanks for your help and advice

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I know it's not the dealer's fault and also I know that people sell on their vans when lots of little problems appear but it's very frustrating. We've just spent £300 on new leisure batteries so this felt like a bit of a blow. We leave Spain tomorrow, through Somport tunnel and into France. Will try a French dealer but should probably call our dealer first to see what they suggest as it's under warranty.
Thanks for your help and advice

good plan.. and stay positive..

batteries are an expensive item but will last years if you don't abuse..
I can't recall a van I didn't have to put new batteries in as soon as it left the forecourt.. including the Hymer.. and I've also had plenty of little problems to sort out .. it's par for the course with motorhomes.. old and brand new alike ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back