Leaking mixer tap

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Petros, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Petros

Petros Funster

Anyone got any ideas? Occasionally I get a leak from the body of the single lever mixer tap in the kitchen area of our Autosleeper Nuevo. This seams to happen when I have filled the water storage tank and then use the tap, however, it does not happen every time. I wondered if the system was getting "over pressurised" in some way. It seams a mystery as it happens very infrequently, it works fine after a while. I wondered if there was some way of tightening the "gland" in the tap? :cry:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if it's a Reich type tap it has a 'cartridge' valve within the tap body and no repairs are possible except to replace the cartridge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. Petros

Petros Funster

:Blush::Blush:Thanks for the reply, I am not sure on the make of tap but will check. The problem does not seam to occur very often so at the moment I think I will monitor the situation:thumb:

4. petrol tin glyn

petrol tin glyn Read Only Funster

tap

:Sad: i had the same problem took it apart but nothing seamed amiss so i just packed it with vassaline with no problem since simple fix:Smile:

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

This happens after you fill the tank? Then run the water through to get rid of the air in the pipes? Then you get the dribble? What about each time you use the tap, does it dribble just after say within the 1/2hour?

If that is the case, Try just rubbing you finger under the mouth of the tap you should get a dribble then HOPEFULLY trouble over:thumb:

It used to drive me up the wall until I figured it out:thumb:

6. Petros

Petros Funster

Thanks for that, certainly makes sence:Rofl1: