Leaking mixer tap (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Anyone got any ideas? Occasionally I get a leak from the body of the single lever mixer tap in the kitchen area of our Autosleeper Nuevo. This seams to happen when I have filled the water storage tank and then use the tap, however, it does not happen every time. I wondered if the system was getting "over pressurised" in some way. It seams a mystery as it happens very infrequently, it works fine after a while. I wondered if there was some way of tightening the "gland" in the tap? :cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it's a Reich type tap it has a 'cartridge' valve within the tap body and no repairs are possible except to replace the cartridge.

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Petros
Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
:Blush::Blush:Thanks for the reply, I am not sure on the make of tap but will check. The problem does not seam to occur very often so at the moment I think I will monitor the situation:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

petrol tin glyn

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheiftain
Exp
since 2006
tap

:Sad: i had the same problem took it apart but nothing seamed amiss so i just packed it with vassaline with no problem since simple fix:Smile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
This happens after you fill the tank? Then run the water through to get rid of the air in the pipes? Then you get the dribble? What about each time you use the tap, does it dribble just after say within the 1/2hour?

If that is the case, Try just rubbing you finger under the mouth of the tap you should get a dribble then HOPEFULLY trouble over:thumb:

It used to drive me up the wall until I figured it out:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back