Leaking greys

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by mof70, May 5, 2014.

1. mof70

mof70 Read Only Funster

Hi all I have just joined and just purchased my first motorhome, we are loving it, just come back from a weekend away where I have found that we have a grey waste leak, I have sussed out that it is from either or shower tray, some goes into the greys tank but a lot is leaking from the back corner and has been for a little time by the looks of it. It was mainly coming from the back corner because we was parked on a slant that I could not get it any leveller. In side us dry it must be leaking in between the inside floor and the out side floor, it also must be after all3 pipe have joined each other. Any one got any ideas? We have a hymer E690 1979.

2. Phill D

Phill D

hi welcome, check for any cracks in the shower tray or sealant damage, might be an idea to die some water and pour it around in the shower to see if it gets to the waste tank or straight out onto the floor under the shower tray.

you need to sort it before the real rot sets in. good luck.

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

When I saw the title I thought it was about some of our more senior members :Rofl1:

4. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

If you bought it from a dealer I would take it back and get them to check it out

5. Ali n Tim

Ali n Tim Funster

Me too!! :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

being of 1979 vintage, the old plastic pipes are probably perished and cracking. it wont cost much for the parts to replace them but it can be awkward to get to some fittings. fix it quickly though as not only will it cause a nasty smell, the leak will start to rot the old wood away. fixing that will be expensive and time consuming

7. mof70

mof70 Read Only Funster

Thanks All
    I got into it at the weekend and found a cracked waste pipe, lets hope thats it.

:Smile: