Leak from internal water tank? (1 Viewer)

apollomtb

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi

I have just had a problem with some damp around the seat base of my Hymer (B544 1992) which houses the internal water tank. Initially I though the tank was overfilled so reduced the level somewhat but still damp. Having drained all the water out the carpets dried over night which makes me wonder whether there might be an issue with the tanks itsef? Has anyone else got experience of this as I am still very much a newbie:Smile:

Many thanks

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We had this problem a couple of years ago. There was nothing wrong with the tank, but the culprit was the pump connection in the tank cap (see image). The Reich pump (yes they may be branded Hymer but it's a standard twin-barrelled Reich pump) runs at constant, full pressure. Any water not needed at the outlet tap is returned to the tank via a return pipe. That is why there are two pipes connected to the tank cap. If the seal around these pipes, where they pass through the cap, degenerates then the pump can merrily churn away and shove water up and over the cap.

If yours has the same system, I would start by checking this area.

Attachments

• Reich Cap.jpg
    Reich Cap.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 38

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We had probs earlier this year from same area if we travelled with tank full.
All the seals were bad,but the worst were the ones at top right of tank where pipes and a cable either entered,or came out of the tank.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• tank connections [800x600].jpg
    tank connections [800x600].jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
A

apollomtb

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Thanks

Dear JeanLuc and Mike and Carolyn

Thanks for your reply helpful posts. Looks like seals might be the problem then. Do you know where I would get new ones?

Best wishes

:Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I'm afraid I took the easy way out-van was going in for MOT at my local Motorhome guru's so I asked to him to sort it for me ::bigsmile: And did mention that it had been ok before his guys took tank out to run some wiring behind it-don't think he charged me at all :ROFLMAO:

Mike

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If you do have the Reich system, a call to their UK office should enable you to find a stockist. Scroll to the bottom of this page in the link for the contact details.
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back