Le Touquet - St Nazaire route advice please (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi all,

I'm planning on travelling between Le Touquet and St Nazaire and looking at viamichellin web map, the two main routes are either via Rouen/Le Mans/Angers/Nantes or Caen/Rennes and down towards Nantes before turning turning off.

Has anyone any experience of travelling the above? any tips or suggestions to break the journey?
Mileage wise, there's not a great deal in it.
I'm wanting to stick to Autoroutes/main roads but prepared to come off to stop at aires to break the journey.

Downside is, I will be travelling in early August, so expecting either route to be busy.
Thanks,
Gav

Deleted User
Using autoroutes i would go via A16,A28,and then the A29 and over the Pont de Normandie near to Le Havre.

Honfleur is nearby for a night halt if required, then A13 to Caen, D Day beaches nearby,A84 Avranches (Mont St Michel) to Rennes, N137 to Nozay and then N171 to St. Nazaire.

Where are you going in that area, we have a static van just outside La Baule, but we won't be there in August.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
If you can avoid Rouen I suggest you do - like the plague! I find it easier cutting around it and echo matamoros recommendation.

:france:Clive:france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, As Clive ( Clerve) said I'd avoid Rouen , by going towards Yvetot then head down to the bridge (pont de Brotonne) & the aire's at either St Nicolas de Bliquetuit ( bit out in the sticks on the banks of Seine free) or a bit farther on the aire at La Mailleraye sur Seine , both nice aires but 2nd one is nice town as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back