Le Touquet Aire full because... (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Both Aires at Le Touquet are full today. We past the Equestrian aire and there looked to be an event on but still, plenty of mh's. We're parked up in the aire nearer the beach & opp the yatch club. Managed to get one of the few places.
Came across this selfish git- French as well. 2 families both taking 2 places each with canopy out full & table and chairs although I'm ashamed to say the Euramobil guy doesn't care as he's leaving all ih his stuff out all night.(and I'm that mad o posted twice)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looks like he's parked between two white lines defining his space?

Just what I was going to say.. If there are marked lines and it's an aire is that not "their space" ???
The two vans on the right seem to have equally as big an area..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
will tell those who've been driving round looking for a space that they should have arrived Wednesday then lol

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
There isn't enough space to put two vans on one pitch, you'd not get the doors open :LOL:

Reactions: JJ
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes because some muppet would try squeeze a van in there which would trap people in their vans and be a safety issue

image-jpeg.115723
We parked on an aire somewhere that had wide markings like that and parked in the middle of it and a woman came and told us to move to the side so we could put the awning out, but we didn't want to but moved anyway.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We haven't used an Aire (yet) so know nothing about the etiquette, but I'm struggling to see who is being a "selfish git" here? Is the suggestion that because the Aire is very busy, the pictured Euramobil shouldn't have his awning out, so that another van could go in the same space, next to him? As Andy says, surely there isn't enough room?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah the op picture is quite normal and the right way of going about it , you couldn't have them much closer , so no harm in having awning out, pretty much how Aires we've been on work(y):)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Dunno about the Challenger but the right hand Eura Mobil, does appear as if his RH wheels are actually just the far side of the white line, to me, so the bodywork that side would be further over into the next space. You never know though on any parking place with lines, what might have been there before the van in question arrived - perhaps where the Challenger is now someone else was over that line for some reason so he parked where he is, and then of course we have no idea whether he's actually said to the 'little' van man, Do you want me to hotch over a bit now, mate?

Most people do the best they can - and I'm not the best parker at all - so try not to cast nasturtiums!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have always understood that airs are for parking and you are not permitted to put out chairs,awnings,etc as that is camping and you could be fined or told to leave?

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
At €13 a night on the expensive Le Touquet Aires spread out as much as you want.
Pure robbery what they charge but the Boulangerie near by sells the best baguettes in France - in my opinion.

:france::france::france:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Whilst I don't really have an issue how anybody parks there van on the pitch.

The guy how parked right up to the white line on his pitch in Albarracin this year needed my pitch to service his van.

I was not deeply impressed with him banging his cassette on the side of my van :cautious:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Speve - We, and about 50 more of all nationalities, are sat out around our tables loaded with bottles and glasses on an Aire under a cloudless sky on the west coast tonight.
Rules - what rules?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I suppose paying that much you might as well be on a site anyway?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
just don't see a problem tbh. I once parked on a ski aire, went to bed, woke up couldn't get out the door as an Italian guy had parked so close. we had a laugh a shuffle around, I could get out, he could get in, we shared a whiskey and went skiing.
If I don't like something I move on or I actually speak to people and say, Excuse me, would you winde the awning in and let me park I'm dead tired, been driving ages and will be out your way before you even wake up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back