Le Shuttle all booked

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by phodetheus, Apr 17, 2014.

1. phodetheus

phodetheus Read Only Funster

I got our booking made for the Euro tunnel done today but not without completely cocking it all up.

I wanted to use some of the Tesco vouchers I had accumulated to pay for the tickets and was going to give Euro tunnel a call to find out the price before ordering the vouchers.

Instead of calling them I thought I would just get a price from the website instead. Bad idea. Having input all my details etc I ended up with a price of £230 something. Armed with this information I ordered my vouchers from Tesco and within a few minutes had the email with the codes on.

I rang Euro Tunnel and gave them the voucher code and details of travel when I was told by a very nice French chap I had way more than I needed on the voucher. The price was now £109 and if I use that voucher it will use the whole amount. He tried to look at sorting out a return but since I have no intention of returning till mid next year this wasn't possible.

So I rang Tesco and even though there was a receded message at the start of the call saying that vouchers are non refundable the very helpful lady on the phone refunded my vouchers and sorted out a new one for the correct amount.

Back on to Euro Tunnel and got booked OK. Phew that was supposed to be easy and would have been if I he'd just stuck to my original plan of CALLING them first.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

£230 one way ?????????????

We paid £93 in Feb.

3. phodetheus

I didn't know did I, never been on there before.:Blush:

4. ukbill

ukbill Funster

not sure why they quoted u that price but like brian says eurotunnel is around £90 unless you are travelling the same day as wen u book :Smile:

5. phodetheus

Looks like it was something I did :Doh: as on checking online again I got the £109 price. Just had no idea what it should cost so just believed it :Blush:

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

we have all done it :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. maxsdad

maxsdad Funster

Talking about cock ups and eurotunnel booked ours for 18th FEB with return on 25th MARCH .
    A couple of days before our return sorted out passports etc found I had booked return for 25th FEB
    Rang Eurotunnel very helpful guy on phone but still had to pay another £96 including dog not a happy bunny

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Don't beat yourself up. You get a multitude of options/ prices these days booking anything. First time I ever booked an air ticket online I didn't click the final ok. Wondered why I never got the confirmation.......... And of course it cost more by the time I got it right. We all learn as we go along -- but hey at least we're all trying these things--some don't get to do that!

• Like Like x 6
  9. chaser

chaser Funster

Just booked 7 may back 21 £165 £150 of it courtesy of mr tesco:thumb::thumb::thumb::BigGrin::BigGrin:

10. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

nice to know that I am not the only one who can complety b-----r some thing up.i am good at it.my wife said that I am almost perfect at it.:Doh::Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  11. phodetheus

Yeah but I should know better as I program stuff like that for a living :Doh:

12. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

are you saying saying that to make me better.well it worked. THANKS.:thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

We don't book our return until a few days before we come back. That way we're not under pressure to come back on a specific date. There is no discount for booking a return, and we usually find booking France-UK in France is a bit cheaper than booking the same in the UK.
    It also avoids doin what you did :Smile:

14. phodetheus

I didn't book the return because I honestly have no idea when we are returning to the UK or even if.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

We have just booked for 10th May using Tesco vouchers. As you can't book a single from France back to UK using Tesco vouchers we have booked a return for October and will just change the date when we know when we are actually going to return :thumb:

• Like Like x 1