Le Mas D'azil (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Yesterday afternoon I was poodling along the D119 (Dept 09) in quiet and empty forested valleys and suddenly saw a large number of cars parked all over the place with people picnicking (twas Mother's Day) and just assumed it was just a favourite picnic spot. As I came round the next bend it all changed - there, immediately in front of me the road disappeared into a cavern, not a tunnel entrance, a cavern!
Although there were lights along the roadside inside the sudden change from bright daylight to partly illuminated gloom was quite dramatic, made worse by the fact that the road wasn't that wide, two way traffic and still very bendy.
So glad I was driving my narrow campervan and not one of your huge jobbies.
I didn't get much chance to look around but I got the impression that the roof of this tunnel cavern was way above my head.
This morning the picnickers should have gone so I'm taking a walk back to take a look.
This place is not mentioned in any posts - anyone been there?

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We visited it last year when out and about on the motorbike,stopped in the carpark and walked in although we didn't visit the museum.Well worth a look,there are many caves in the area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back