Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
Dear Seasoned Travellers,

I am just in the process of planning/booking a trip to the 24hr Le Mans 2012.
This will be our first venture from Englands green & pleasant land with the RV.
I am looking at booking with a company called Select Motor Racing whom we have travelled with in the past as a foot passenger to this event. They run their coaches Dover Calais so, for us, this will be a starting point with the larger vehicle.
At the moment they believe the Sea France ferry cost (June 2012) will be £145, -11m & 12.5 tons- mid morning departure and mid afternoon return covering up to 9 passengers.
I have then looked at a route to Le Mans which comes up as A16, A28/E402 to Rouen then A28/E402 to Le Mans.

Toll costs for a heavy 2 axle vehicle are about 60 euros (1 way).

I would be grateful for advice/suggestions about this route and the crossing (Embarkation/Disembarkation).

Any other suggestions about this trip would also be good too.
Regards

ArthurLink Removed

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Be very careful through Rouen , lots of underpasses with height restrictions only suitable for cars .

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Hi Arthur

I go to Le Mans 24 hr race every year and take my Motorhome. A couple of good web sites to look at for information, which you may already know, are Club Arnage and Pistonheads (forums).

Club Arnage has a great annual guide to the event, and it is worth looking at that. This years is still on the web site.

I usually go Portsmouth /Le Havre on LD lines and then a straightforward journey down from there.

A fantastic event with lots going on.

Feel free to contact me if you think I can add anything to your knowledge.

Stuart

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back