le havre

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by saab95, Apr 18, 2010.

1. saab95

saab95 Read Only Funster

First trip abroad at end od may and need help. Where are the best sites close to LeHavre/Mont ST Michael and along this coastline. Dont intend to travel great distances as only over for just over a week.....do we need to book etc...van just about ready.....lunar champ h621....what extra electric leads do i need etc....any help much appreciated...ian+lyn

2. dragabed

dragabed Read Only Funster

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/continental-touring/22798-le-havre.html#post275510

if you only have a week forget sites and try the aires in this area, there are plenty and they are in and around the the best places in this area

3. evans88

evans88 Read Only Funster

The first and best stop for Le Havre is the Aire at Honfleur. It has electricity and close to a very pretty town.

You could also try the Aire at Le Mallerie Sur Seine (spelling??) situated on the riverbank where you can watch massive ships pass by at very close distance. The village/town is a couple of minutes walk away with a bar and a few shops.

These two stops are a must for a short trip in my view.

4. rav4girly

rav4girly Read Only Funster

There are Aires and a campsite at Mont st Michel. Both are great, we stayed at the campsite to use showers and loo's but the Aire is across the road from it. I can also recommend the aire at Granville. Great views over the cliffs and a 5 minute walk to town with a market, shops, bars, restaurants etc.

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Further west on the coast

Le Palus Plage Aire, nr. Plouha

GPS.48.676581,-2.885327

A free aire, shops about 3km , fishing, boat launching, safe swimming, sandy beach, cafe' and restaurant , pick oysters off the rocks at low tide..+ coastal walks.

Google map with pictures

6. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

Beware the Aire at Honfluer, an earlier post on here-maybe three days ago-said the Honfluer Aire is a building site storage and not good so I wouldn't touch it for a while.
    There are loads of good Aires all along that stretch of coast and ar far more sense than sites if you are only going for a week.