Aug 21, 2009
farnborough hants
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newbie Aug 09
Hello all.

Being a newbie i have read all the post and threads regarding lcd tv.
So popped down to my local comet and bought a kenmark 19" hd ready digital lcd tv built in freeview and dvd player, and all for £177. Next was a phone call to amperor and ordered a 12 volt stabilliser £39. So am now sorted.
Many thanks to all of you who have posted or answered a thread. ::bigsmile:

Cheers Kev

OP
OP
K

Kev D

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
farnborough hants
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newbie Aug 09
Not yet but is on my wish list of things i would like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Well Ken D, I don't know whether to poke you in the eye or thank you, oh go on I'll thank you:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

In our old RV we had a nice 15" Grundig, freeview, DVD etc etc which 'floated' as there was no TV location. When we bought Winne she has a fixed, the usual dead centre over the cab area, location so I knocked up some bracketry and installed but we fancied something a little bigger, like 19". So, problem, either side of the TV location are glass fronted cabinets with 453mm between, ie any TV would have to be less than the 453. So, inspired by Ken D, and armed with our 453mm and a tape measure of we went to first Currys, then Comet. We must have got some looks wandering around measuring TVs, not your usual behaviour:Blush:
Anyway, typical width of a 19" TV, 460 rising to around 480, oh b*****:Angry:
With thoughts of new techno bracket construction, something that swings away or drops down so we could get in the cupboards we too alighted on the Kenmark 19", really nice picture, good sound, 12 volt via a brick, so that wont get used AND wait for it, 450mm width! Talk about result, not only does it fit, but it went straight on the bracket I'd made for the grundig without any mods, we, Mrs Dodgey esspecially, are very pleased with it.:thumb:

OP
OP
K

Kev D

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
farnborough hants
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newbie Aug 09
lcd

Hi Dodgey,

Glad to have spent some of your hard earned dosh. LOL. Really pleased with mine, Just need to sort out the aerial at some point in the near future.
But for now all is good.

Kev d

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back