Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Just hoping
Exp
No experience
This may be a stupid question but why are some layouts deemed British and some Continental? Why is there a difference in preference and what are the pros and cons?
I am completely green never stayed in a MH!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Don't know what you are missing, nothing more comfortable than Augti captain seats up front, perfect for lounging when reclined.

Don't agree with Speve I wouldn't buy a van without a fixed table.

As for using they van in naff weather don't do that, 35° where we are at the moment.:D

have never understood the love of the caravan layout so popular here..but then again we chase the sun. Chance of finding us on a wet miserable UK campsite are near zero!lol Rather be at home:)

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
have never understood the love of the caravan layout so popular here..but then again we chase the sun. Chance of finding us on a wet miserable UK campsite are near zero!lol Rather be at home:)

For me it's not really an option, still working so can only take 1 week off at a time, for that reason anytime out in the MH is a bonus regardless of the weather, some of us aren't that lucky

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Think you need to go to Specsavers, didn't you notice the smiley:)

Anyway wouldn't want to fit a bigger inverter and more batteries just to run a microwave.:)

Oh dear......So don't then, I haven't suggested that you have to....

As I said before, if everyone wanted the same layout and spec, we'd all be driving round in exactly the same van......but thankfully there are loads of options and we all have to try to get the best fit for ourselves whether that be with or without a microwave.

I'll bet that other Funsters have some random things in their van that are taking up weight and space that most of us would think crazy (a microwave is pretty tame really) but obviously, they think that thing is essential.

I only made a quip, because someone said they had a French bed, that we had a Japanese microwave....it was just a joke. Beginning to wish I hadnt :whew:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Oh dear......So don't then, I haven't suggested that you have to....

As I said before, if everyone wanted the same layout and spec, we'd all be driving round in exactly the same van......but thankfully there are loads of options and we all have to try to get the best fit for ourselves whether that be with or without a microwave.

I'll bet that other Funsters have some random things in their van that are taking up weight and space that most of us would think crazy (a microwave is pretty tame really) but obviously, they think that thing is essential.

I only made a quip, because someone said they had a French bed, that we had a Japanese microwave....it was just a joke. Beginning to wish I hadnt :whew:.

And like me you drive a leaky Swift....I have a German stereo, it doesn't take up much room though :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
One of the reasons we bought our British van was because Mrs A wanted a microwave oven and proper oven that you didn't have to stand on tip toes to reach, and an unused toilet, ok, thats three reasons. And, apart from the open space inside and fixed bed, I wanted a van that didn't shake around when you moved about ( most furniture, we found, especially in the bathrooms of continental vans, felt a tad flimsy)
I just feel a bit left out of the proper British Motorhome scene now because I haven't found any damp in our van...... :(

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back