Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well hello agasin, you still don't say where you are, prices range from a couple of quid for parking in a field to around 25 for secure storage. Given you location other people may be able to give you local quotes, what motorhome is it do you have a bambi or 40ft RV, help us to help you by filling out your profile. Goto "my profile on the top of the page.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
An excellent guide to winterising and check lists which is FREE when you subscribe

Link Removed

as Roger said.. for storage we need a bit more info

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what a stunner, well done with the profile, you should have lots of help from that area. don't forget we have a chatroom, pop in and say hi.

CURLYCORNFLAKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
North of Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
storage

hi we live in Bury and store our M/H on a local farm we pay £78 per quarter.There is a very secure caravan storage place in Darcy Lever Bolton but the charges are much higher I think £500 plus per year

laying up just follow the advice sheet drop all water incl boiler and leave all taps open
also give it a little run every 3/4 weeks

OP
OP
Marjorie

Marjorie

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
bolton
Funster No
MH
don.t know
Exp
Hi
could you give me a contact for the farm if they have space and would consider storing my van over winter
thankyou
marjorie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Apart from draint the water down and opening the taps we have never done anything.. but then, we do try and get out in it as often as poss no matter what the weather so I guess that keeps things going nicely :thumb:

Refilling the system is no hardship so it takes but moments to get out there and hit the road ( again ::bigsmile: )

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Jaws. I think sometimes when we are learning we tend to panic a bit when we see a thread on something we arn't sure of. I've learned a lot just from this thread which was started by someone else. Brilliant. :Smile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
hi
rats, mice and squirrels just love to dine on the insulation on electrical wires-----I feel it excellent insurance to leave something else for them to eat-----like rat/mouse poison----just dump the little bags of it behind cupboards and in lockers, also under the bonnet---they will find it if they are spending the winter in your van
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back