Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
and a strimmer would just cause the grass to clump,so thats a nono JJ:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I strongly protest young Jim. :ROFLMAO:

I can assure you I did not call you a "smarty pants"... a man with 12,588 posts is Hero Funster with Gold Star and commands the utmost respect. :thumb:

I simply stated that nobody likes a smarty pants...

(Now watch my lips... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman...")

As for your clumping theory... imo, a work of genius... but as far as I am concerned they can "clump" off somewhere else... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Tell it to the judge JJ.. flattery will get you everywhere ...
:roflmto:

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Cheap Mowe

Hi Try Henton & Chattell ltd in Nottingham, they have lots of shop soiled and returns this time of year, mention my name if you do ( Wayne ) 0115 9862161

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hi Try Henton & Chattell ltd in Nottingham, they have lots of shop soiled and returns this time of year, mention my name if you do ( Wayne ) 0115 9862161
going by your user name,i take it you know about mowers?:thumb:
now you could be just the man im looking for?:thumb::ROFLMAO:

posted on my phone as im in b&q:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why not get a nice ride on lawn tractor,attach it to an A frame and it then becomes dual purpose you could use it as a toad.
Was told years ago by an old hand motorhomer that if it doesn't do two jobs it doesn't get a ride.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Chris i didnt think for a second you would do it but surely you have a good lady who would do it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
my wife aint good,she aint no lady,and would beat the holly mother of s*it outa me ,for even thinking she might do it:Eeek:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If you like cutting grass have a word with JJ he has some really wild grass on his Portuguese site and I'm sure he would be only to happy for you to cut it for him, the wages might be in the form of FB pies though.

Doug...

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
If you like cutting grass have a word with JJ he has some really wild grass on his Portuguese site and I'm sure he would be only to happy for you to cut it for him, the wages might be in the form of FB pies though.

Doug...
my father allway's told me never cut another man's grass?,dont quite know what he ment,but il stick to it:thumb:

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
idea?!

Chris, what about a push mower as you will also have a built in muscle toner for whilst you are away????

Available from b and q £29.98 instead of £54.98 at this very moment

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Chris, what about a push mower as you will also have a built in muscle toner for whilst you are away????

Available from b and q £29.98 instead of £54.98 at this very moment
im stood by the mowers in b&q as i type this on my phone,the salesman has sorted out my problem, so will post later when i get the mower and trailer home:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Another thought has crossed my mind (and it bloo^y well hurt:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

You could pick a bit of mowing work up on your travels, bit of :drink: money if nothing else:winky::roflmto:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have I missed somthing here....What lady was it that JJ didnt have sexual relations with???.:winky:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
when we arrive on some sites,we find that the grass is sometimes to long on our pitch,so im thinking about taking a small electric lawn mower with me,i would take ours(petrol)but got to think about the weight.:Eeek:
im thinking, something that has a grass box,and is light:thumb:
any idea's:Smile:

Considering the OP I would expect this to be a windup. However I stayed on a site on the Atlantic coast of France a couple of years back, and this bloke (tugger) got out a mains strimmer and did all over his pitch with it. (general view of the large audience was 'what a pr*t!)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Considering the OP I would expect this to be a windup. However I stayed on a site on the Atlantic coast of France a couple of years back, and this bloke (tugger) got out a mains strimmer and did all over his pitch with it. (general view of the large audience was 'what a pr*t!)

Oh no!!! We haven't been had, have we? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
IF this is serious then I would be careful. Some site owners leave the grass a bit higher to help protect it and wouldn't appreciate you scalping it! :ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
IF this is serious then I would be careful. Some site owners leave the grass a bit higher to help protect it and wouldn't appreciate you scalping it! :ROFLMAO:

I was wondering if it was serious. Either that or OCD:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
what a day iv had:Doh:
managed to get a mower,bought a 36 ride on,and a small trailer,four plastic petrol cans,and a big bag of grass food:thumb:
after i explained the problem to the salesman,he said that a small leccy mower might not be ideal, as if the grass was to long it would not cope, and after going through the whole range he decided that a ride on was the best for the job:thumb:
so i had to buy a trailer to transport this mower to and from site so im now in the process of sorting out the wireing so i can tow it behind my toad.:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I can't be bothered to read through all these posts but can I just mention, we stayed in a field at Hay-on-Wye last night, surrounded by 13 sheep (one was a boy (a ram?) and they though the grass was scrummy. What a fabulous place and it didn't take long for me to part with my hard-whatever cash. Using a grass-cutter would have deprived those sheep of their dinner. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
managed to get a mower,bought a 36 ride on,and a small trailer,four plastic petrol cans,and a big bag of grass food:thumb:
after i explained the problem to the salesman,he said that a small leccy mower might not be ideal, as if the grass was to long it would not cope, and after going through the whole range he decided that a ride on was the best for the job:thumb:
so i had to buy a trailer to transport this mower to and from site so im now in the process of sorting out the wireing so i can tow it behind my toad.:thumb:

Surly and A Frame would do the job or are they illegal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Surly and A Frame would do the job or are they illegal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but the a frame is pulling my toad and the trailer just connects to the toad in the normal way on the toeball:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

As I said in an earlier reply Chris why bother with the Aframe behind the toad...Why not Aframe the rideon???.It will then do 2 jobs but as said are Aframes legal???.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
but couldnt you attach the car to one point of the A and the mower to the other is that not how an A frame works if not then why use one when you can use an I frame sometimes know as a scaffold pole with rope through it :ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This is what you need....:thumb:

Attachments

• imagesCA936U02.jpg
    imagesCA936U02.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 18

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I bought one for 7/6d... why would I want one of them..

She still works.. be it a bit slower now.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought one for 7/6d... why would I want one of them..

She still works.. be it a bit slower now.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

It's had 10 new blade cylinders, half a dozen new handles and 5 new sets of wheels but it's still the original mower bought in 1905 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back