Lawn Bowls anyone ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have a lawn bowl club on our doorstep .. and just this week a flyer came through the door looking for new members .. The have an AGM this month and will welcome new members.

I've never played, but quite fancy taking it up and have done a little research to find out as much as I can before going along..

I don't think I've seen it discussed before , so do we have any keen players. ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My Mum plays, she really enjoys it. The social scene seems to be very good.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Played bowls for longer than i care to remember[that dos'nt say i am any good though] go along and have a trail first they sound like a friendly crowd and its good exercise out in the fresh air.
There are several different versions of the game crown green usually played in the North of England and Wales and flat green played in the south same principal just different greens and bowls.
Most bowling clubs have seen declining numbers over the years and are always interested in new players and will give the basic instructions the rest is up to you but after a few games you will gain a bit of confidence and start to win now and again.
Hope you go along and enjoy it.

ps if anyone in the Beaumaris area wants to join a club please pm me

dave e

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My Grandfather was Salisbury District Champ in 1972, as part of his legacy he left me a set of indoor carpet bowls.

Perfectly weighted and Biased. Great game.

When I worked in Cardiff I played for the department against would you believe the Blind School. Some of the bowlers were completely blind and others severely impaired...........you know the rest...

...............yes, they beat us.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I played,and enjoyed it for a couple of yrs-what I didn't enjoy was the pressure to play in club teams and to devote,particularly, my Sun afternoon and early eve to them.
I did ,however,enjoy winter Indoor Leagues-I guess it was because I seemed more in control of when I played or didn't.::bigsmile:

Mike.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I played,and enjoyed it for a couple of yrs-what I didn't enjoy was the pressure to play in club teams and to devote,particularly, my Sun afternoon and early eve to them.
I did ,however,enjoy winter Indoor Leagues-I guess it was because I seemed more in control of when I played or didn't.::bigsmile:

Mike.

Come to think of it the club pressure is evident. My Mum is always trying to swop games that might conflict with family events, it does seem a bit all consuming, that said, she really enjoys it and has made many new friends.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Im to young to play it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but we have a few shift days out through out the year and as some of us are golfers we have a golfing day and a few are also bowlers one being in the county team and the look on his face when i beat him :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ive never been asked back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back