Latest on Wild Camping - Portugal (1 Viewer)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
I was brought up to believe good manners never hurt anyone and always made life more pleasant for all concerned.

JJ :cool:
Sorry JJ, i dont know if you are male or female. It dosent matter does it?
Have i been rude to you?
Your last message said Mr Mrs Ms?
All i was saying, what relevance has my gender got to do with it.
Is JJ Judith Jones?(y)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We rarely 'wild camp'. We do use aires a lot, we also use sites, just depends what's best at the time. SWMBO likes to use campsite showers, I don't.
Oddly in terms of services, aires tend to have better facilities for dumping than sites, as many sites don't have a drive over facility. Sites tend to have laundries though which we need periodically.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I was brought up to believe good manners never hurt anyone and often made life more pleasant for all concerned.

We briefly met last year, (April) in the bar at Pria da Rocha. (My wife has red hair if that helps!). Anyway, we chatted for a while , enjoyed each others company, shook hands and parted. We will be visiting Portugal again this year, probably sometime mid April as the weather starts to settle and our aim is to spend much more time here than before. If your about, I'll make a point of meeting up for another chat and catch up.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Answering questions with questions won't get us anywhere...
will it?

Jim, i live in an area, where people park up on a friday and decimate a field, playground etc. and then move on the monday or after the local authority spend money getting court orders to move them on. Are they wild campers?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, i live in an area, where people park up on a friday and decimate a field, playground etc. and then move on the monday or after the local authority spend money getting court orders to move them on. Are they wild campers?

How would I know Why don't you ask them? :D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I got more sense from them though!:LOL:

To satisfy your strange interpretation of wild camping maybe I'll add a paragraph to the beginners guide about not paying council tax and trashing playgrounds :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
To satisfy your strange interpretation of wild camping maybe I'll add a paragraph to the beginners guide about not paying council tax and trashing playgrounds :rolleyes:
I was waiting for the owner of a motorhome forum to give me your Interpretation. But you haven't given me one.;)
I've read the thread on wild camping(y) and I'm sure that people have a great time. but we can't all do it and as I said at the beginning, there are those that ruin it for others.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I was waiting for the owner of a motorhome forum to give me your Interpretation. But you haven't given me one.;)
I've read the thread on wild camping(y) and I'm sure that people have a great time. but we can't all do it and as I said at the beginning, there are those that ruin it for others.

Its the same old story you always hear of the bad and never the good. I'm sure there are many motorhomers who like @andy63 @Puddleduck and myself spend hours cleaning beaches and leaving the place cleaner than we found it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was waiting for the owner of a motorhome forum to give me your Interpretation.

I gave you a 1000 words a beginners guide explaining what its was. What does that have to do with trashed playgrounds and council tax. ZERO. NOTHING. :D

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Its the same old story you always hear of the bad and never the good. I'm sure there are many motorhomers who like @andy63 @Puddleduck and myself spend hours cleaning beaches and leaving the place cleaner than we found it.
Good on you @irnbru, You have my utmost respect.(y)
If only the world had more people like you.:)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Well the people who trashed the playground, read your article and thought it was a good idea to Wild camp. But they don't have the same values and morals as most.:D

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Well at least they read it :)
Well, When I said I read it;) It was a bit boring:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I did find a comment from Liz interesting though.below.

Read with interest. It would appear that wild campers always seek peace and quiet. Most camp sites I have stayed on from Cornwall (where I live to Spain) offer peace and tranquility. Are they just looking for somewhere to stay which is free? I am always incensed to read an article where someone finds “a little bit of their own paradise” and bemoans when someone parks next to them. They chose the spot because it was perfect….and so did the others who were probably just as angry to find someone else already there. Be prepared to share. If you find somewhere nice, share it, do not be selfish. If you want your own space stay on a campsite put up your wind breaks and snarl at anyone who dares smile at you. If you had a problem during the night or in the middle of nowhere, who would you turn to? Your neighbour – the arrogant person who dared to invade your space.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I'm still at it :LOL:
Here's the latest haul off a remote beach in donegal.
We filled the kayaks with as much rubbish as we could after we had our lunch. brought it back and recycled /binned it.(y)
No wild camping this time though:D2
20170215_121557.jpg

Here's some of the rubbish we collected..
20170215_154239.jpg

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We briefly met last year, (April) in the bar at Pria da Rocha. (My wife has red hair if that helps!). Anyway, we chatted for a while , enjoyed each others company, shook hands and parted. We will be visiting Portugal again this year, probably sometime mid April as the weather starts to settle and our aim is to spend much more time here than before. If your about, I'll make a point of meeting up for another chat and catch up.

Of course I remember you!

I hope your good lady's back is better.

Let me know if you are in the area and want to call in at QMJ.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back