Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Cant think we'll ever venture into London with Motorhome, sounds horrendous.

Dale

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Would everyone who Lives in the Zone and is affected or you come to the London Sites or you care for those that do

http://www.writetothem.com/

Please put you Postcode in here and email a message to your Local MP's

Please do it :RollEyes:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Our 2.8 ducato on 3.800 MH not compliant after 2012. Grrrr. How many foreign lorries and coaches spouting fumes do i see?

Will obviously not bother with campsites in LEZ but will also have to rethink journey to Dover.
Have to avoid the easterly route via bridge/tunnel as it passes through LEZ zone and don't want to get diverted onto it by an accident on M25.

May have to do the dreaded Heathrow side . Or the A34 M3 M27 etc?
What do you think?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Have to avoid the easterly route via bridge/tunnel as it passes through LEZ zone and don't want to get diverted onto it by an accident on M25.

What do you think?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Hi there,

If referring to the Dartford Bridge/Tunnel Crossing, then you won't be within the LEZ.

If travelling from North Wales, wouldn't the M6/M1/M25 round to Dartford be your best bet, rather than the alternative route you mentioned above?

Regards,

Jock.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Our 2.8 ducato on 3.800 MH not compliant after 2012. Grrrr. How many foreign lorries and coaches spouting fumes do i see?

Will obviously not bother with campsites in LEZ but will also have to rethink journey to Dover.

What do you think?

They did have written into the LEZ rules that if there was an accident then they would waver it to sort the traffic out if they had to divert people off --but I wonder if that still stands and yes the actual M25 you will not travel through the Zone it will only be if you go off on the London side so coming to Dover you will be fine.
Thats what so crazy, the emissions blow from the M25 into the Zone or are they going to stand there and fan it back to the other side of the road.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikev

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Funster No
LEZ

letter sent to Transport for London today,

Dear Sir/Madam

Low Emission Zone and its effect on motorhomes registered within the M25

We live one mile within the Low Emission Zone and understand that our motorhome will not meet low emission requirements from 3 January 2012

We have lived at this address for 28 years. We have owned the motorhome since new when we retired 12 years ago and this is our only affordable outlet for holidays abroad and weekend breaks.

It does seem unfair that just because of where we live we should have to be liable for costs of conversion. In our case it probably will not be worth it. We cannot afford a new van (and never will now) nor do we want to move house.

When the congestion charging was introduced I understand that those already resident within the central zone were exempt.

I appreciate that to make an exception for motorhomes would open the floodgates, but in cases where owners live just within the Zone, only do a low mileage and never drive into London, it should be possible to provide a grant towards the cost of special exhaust pipe or whatever? We are assuming that the conversion work will be expensive (£2500).
We do not have a business to offset the cost against. A commercial vehicle can regain the cost by increasing the price of its goods or service. Thus we pay twice.

Can you please consider this. We agree with the concept of Low Emission Zones etc. but feel this is an additional setback coming with the worsening economic situation.

We would appreciate a reply

Yours sincerely

M H & J Vincent

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Mike,

Whilst I admire your enthusiasm, having already written letters to TFL myself re the LEZ, standby for a standard reply which will do nothing for that enthusiasm.............unfortunately. :Sad:

Regards,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back