Latest All the Aires is it worth it ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cobweb, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Cobweb

Cobweb

I am just wondering if it is worth purchasing the latest All The Aires In France .
    We have the edition before this latest one and are not planning to spend too much time in France on our way to and from Germany .We have downloaded Campercontact and bought the latest ACSI discount book as well have the Bord atlas guide with stellplatz in it . We were not planning motorhoming at all this summer due to extensive sailing plans ....engine failure put paid to that and the work cannot be finished in time for us to continue in the summer . Anyway the van has survived the winter well in the barn and is mouse and damp free .We will be ready to go in early May few days after the tour de Yorkshire goes through here in Whitby during stage one .

2. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Having recently got the Campercontact app I'm not planning to buy any more books except Britstops and CC

3. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We bought new this year as our last one was 4 years old my son is now using that one.
    Quite expensive if not used a lot and now its 2 books both A4 size so bloody huge. Lot of travelling abroad this year at least 4/5 months so thought time to update but 4 year old book still more than adequate really.
    Edit
    Should add got this years Stellplatz as well which also includes Bordatlas thats 2 more A4 size books :eek::eek:

4. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

Robert,
    Searched Apple for Campercontact but I didn't find it.
    Any links ?
    Also look at park4night which I find excellent.

I also bought all the aires latest edition and concluded I won't be taking a wheelbarrow with me to wheel it around in so I popped it on eBay and got €3.00 more than it cost me !
    I'll use the last edition as it is much handier.... cannot for the life of me understand this retrograde step backwards with these guides.

5. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Search 'all Motorhome parkings'
    You need to get the paid version - don't bother with the free version as it has so few sites
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

Perfect Robert, many thanks.

7. colyboy

colyboy Funster

We recken the best and only one you will need is CAMPERSTOP which covers all of Europe.

colyboy

• Like Like x 1
  8. chaser

chaser Funster

A
    Alltheaires is not strictly true!!, we have the new one and havnt give it a lot of use up to yet but on a short trip have found two that are in it but actually not there on the ground , and quite a few that are not init but as you say are in park4night.

9. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

You can search for "NKC" as well, it will find the same app with less tapping!

10. Cobweb

Cobweb

Crikey ! I am glad now I didn't buy the All the Aires since husband is always reading me the riot act about my stuff and the payload ! They should consider doing a kindle version .

11. olley

olley Funster

Be ripped off and on the net within hours.

Ian

12. chaser

chaser Funster

We only got it because we were still on version 3, and it was falling apart, but we only really use it to check on the sites that park4night comes up with or general planing roughly where there is one where we are heading, there is another very good android app just called france aires , it is a green square with a white campercar on it , it works on phone signal and tells you the nearest aire to where you actually are and all the others at further distances, but it is simply a finder , doesn't tell you a lot about them.

13. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I religiously buy each new edition but was most disappointed with the latest offering. It's huge and won't fit in the locker where i keep my site guides. I hope vicarious take note of all the adverse comments and go back to a better format.
    I think I might just stick to ccinfos poi file.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sidney

Sidney Funster

I just don't understand why All The Aires puts a supermarket with a tap and drain with all the other places at which you can stay overnight?

I know the clue is in the title BUT they don't include motorway service station which have a tap and drain so why bother?

15. Coopit

Coopit Funster

We have just return from our first France trip, it was a great help and worked well. This is our first All The Aire's book, so nothing to compare it with. I will not need to update it for a few years.

16. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

If you pay for camper contact, you can use offline, as it downloads to your phone or tablet. But this payment only lasts a year, about a fiver.

17. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

On our recent trip to France/Spain/Portugal we used:

Campercontact
    • This is a Dutch site and had POIs for aires etc in various countries:

Furgo
    • This page shows the locations of aires/night stops etc:
    • This is where you can download the POIs:

GPS Passion forum

• Various POIs on this one including LPG/GPL, garages, supermarkets ... loads of stuff!
    • Aires in France:

• Like Like x 1
  18. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

thanks a lot folks