LASERLINE - 691T - Keeps going off - advice please (1 Viewer)

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Good Morning all,

We have a LASERLINE - 691T alarm on an Autotrail Apache. Up until last night it has been faultless.

The van has been sat on the drive for a week, having driven about 100 miles last weekend. We put some things in the van in the middle of the afternoon and locked up as usual. A couple of hours after that the alarm went off. I went out to check, no doors or lockers were open and there had been no one near the van.

I relocked the van and went back indoors. A few minutes later, the alarm triggered again - out I went, this time I checked the engine battery voltage on the control panel, that was down (on our control panel the voltage is shown as a series of coloured lights - only half the lights were lit). I put the mains hook up on to charge this and left the van for an hour. After that, the voltage looked better and I locked up. 5 mins later and off goes the alarm again.
We dont have the interior movement sensor active in the system.

Any suggestions on diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need to check every door / locker for bad contacts on the sensors?
Would a 6 year old engine battery failing cause the alarm to trigger (As far as I know that is the original battery from 2010 when the van was new)

Thank You

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
six years is about right for a battery life from new and is due to be replaced so i would change that to see if thats your problem, after that as you say its a case of checking switches

Reactions: dna

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
On ours we have a light on the dashboard and when the alarm is triggered it flashes a series of lights to indicate what triggered the alarm. Cant find a guide for the exact model on line but this is for a similar laserline product.

2 FLASHES/PAUSE: the IGNITION KEY sensor generated an alarm condition

3 FLASHES/PAUSE: the DOOR/HATCH sensor generated an alarm condition

4 FLASHES/PAUSE: the BONNET/BOOT sensor generated an alarm condition

6 FLASHES/PAUSE: the ULTRASONIC sensor generated an alarm condition

Also have you changed the batteries in the reed sensors on the Habitation/Locker Doors it is recommended to do this annually.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
With the Laserline alarm you have it will indicate which circuit triggered the alarm by flashing the led the next time you turn on the ignition. If you simply disarm then rearm the alarm the trigger circuit memory is wiped. After an alarm event you need to disarm the alarm then turn on the ignition and count the flashes then consult your alarm instruction booklet to find out which circuit caused the alarm to sound.

D.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Thanks all for your replies.

The sensors on our system are wired so I didnt think they would have individual batteries.
With working during the day, I wont get to investigate things properly until the weekend in the daylight.

According to the manual, i get a choice of ignition, doors or bonnet codes so lets hope it makes things easier for me at the weekend.

I will post an update when I have had chance to investigate and hopefully sorted it :)

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
well - the best placed plans of men get overridden by the other half :smiley:
I've not had chance to get onto the alarm investigation as (amongst other things), the built in microwave/over/grill decided to die and needs sorting and of course the Christmas tree and decorations have to be up this weekend.

maybe next weekend will be more successful.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Ah well you see in a democratic vote I don't get the casting vote :blusher:.

I will be monitoring the batteries to see if they do/don't hold their charge

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I've had chance to look at the alarm today. According to the flashing LED, the problem was the bonnet "open". I've looked under the bonnet and there is a pressure switch next to the bonnet catch. The wire seems well attached and the switch slides in/out ok.

The battery charge seems to be reasonable still and the engine started fine (no reluctance to turn over). So i'be reset the alarm and so far it has not gone off.

Any ideas on anything else I can do or was it just having a bad week :xsmile:

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
i knew it - no sooner had I posted this than the alarm went off again. :xdoh::xsad:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It could be that the bonnet switch is only just contacting, if you can adjust the switch and raise it up a little so when the bonnet is push down it has a better contact it that may solve your problem.

Alternatively just take the massive spider out of the MH so it can't keep triggering it! :xgrin:

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Well, last time I posted on this thread the flipping alarm went off again.

So, this time I've left it for weeks before reporting back again.

Minxy Girl was spot on. On close inspection, the bonnet switch is touching just at the side of a high point on the bonnet lid. As the insulation on the lid has very gradually bent round the contours of the metal it has stopped pushing the switch far enough to work. I've added a small pad behind the insulation and no more alarm going off!

Many Many thanks MinxyGirl

Now all please pray to the Motorhome gods that writing this thank you doesn't result in the alarm going off in 10 mins time

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
How dare you come on here and tell a Woman she was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have yous stopped taking the Tablets
Im praying to the Gods for an alarm failure at 3 am every Saturday for as long as you live
"SHE is right" never heard such utterances in my entire life:doh:
"She" Was Not wrong if you absolutely must, but RIGHT!!! Come on man were's yer spine
And have you any concept of what that phrase can do to a woman :Eeek: or worse still to that Woman's MAN :swear2::whistle2::wine:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How dare you come on here and tell a Woman she was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have yous stopped taking the Tablets
Im praying to the Gods for an alarm failure at 3 am every Saturday for as long as you live
"SHE is right" never heard such utterances in my entire life:doh:
"She" Was Not wrong if you absolutely must, but RIGHT!!! Come on man were's yer spine
And have you any concept of what that phrase can do to a woman :Eeek: or worse still to that Woman's MAN :swear2::whistle2::wine:
:lips: my :moon2:

:clap2:

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Sorry.

I guess that puts me in my place.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry.

I guess that puts me in my place.
Not what I intended But
See I warned Ya :doh:
Just look at the message she's sent me!!!
Poor poor Mr Minx
I bet when she wants his opinion she tells him what it is :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not what I intended But
See I warned Ya :doh:
Just look at the message she's sent me!!!
Poor poor Mr Minx
I bet when she wants his opinion she tells him what it is :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Be afraid ... VERY afraid .... :sneaky:

At least I know the difference between a bump stop and a suspension assister ... ;)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You clearly dont!

OP