Larger Fresh water tank?

Discussion in 'Elddis' started by Noggin, May 28, 2012.

1. Noggin

Noggin Funster

We love our Autoquest 115 2008 But it falls down with not holding enough water?!! Only has a 40lt tank!! (You can get 50lt if you fill up, pump through so the water heater is full, 10lt, and them refill!)

Is it possible to fit a larger on-board water tank (But below floor)?

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Noggin -get under the van armed with a tape measure :thumb:Then see what CAK TANKS have or charge to make you one.You may well be able to fit a bigger tank along the side /in space of the one you have
    edit You can suspend the new tank with either metal straps or a couple of the cheap ratchet straps
    terry

3. aba

aba

make sure this new water capacity dont take you over weight :thumb:

dont forget you may have to get a bigger waste tank to cope with the extra fresh you are going to use.

4. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

I must admit that after using out MH for 6 months the 200 litre fresh & waste tanks are invaluable and I would try to get bigger tanks fitted, perhaps just fillling to capacity when you arrive on site if GVW is a problem

Dave

5. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

We have the same problem with our Autoquest 155.
    This years model is 90ltr. When I enquired if it was possible to fit the larger tank, Elddis said it wasn't possible because of the weight. I asked them if they meant vehicle gross weight or if the floor/chassis couldn't handle the new weight. I am still waiting for a reply two months later.

Cak tanks quoted around £130, self fit for a complete tank.
    I am now looking at a smaller tank to go alongside the existing one (linked) to save moving pumps and wiring etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aba

aba

dont forget to link the top of the tanks as well as the bottom otherwise the air wont escape as the water goes in.

7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Noggin,

if these are your weight details, I think you should look into getting your motorhome weight up-rated before you fit a bigger tank.

[​IMG]