Large scale map for France, Spain and Portugal (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Right then, the GPS is ordered and comes tomorrow............... now I need to sort the maps out.

Does anyone have any advice on which one's to buy? I'm thinking a scale of about 4 miles to 1 inch would be good. Also maps that clearly show toll roads (for me to avoid::bigsmile:)

Many thanks

:Smile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
There is a good large scale France map sold by WH Smiths large scale is easier to read plus you van get lost easier too:roflmto: JOKE I looked for a large scale Spain and Portugal map a couple of years ago but never found one...Go Large it makes sense and don't put all your faith in a Sat Nav...

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best maps i have found for spain and portugal is a cepsa mapamax book . its not very expensive 6,90euro. bit more from amazon scale 1.400.000 but does have better maps of major towns etc . plus a list of the speed cameras,
shame it does fall to pieces after 5 months away .
on my third one now . but well worth it specially if following the coast all the little coves etc are named on it .
isbn ,978-84-9935-506-1

Last edited:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
For France wait till you cross and buy here !! I have never bought a map for any country except Morroco any where else but in the country. Stop at first supermarket or petrol station :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Right then, the GPS is ordered and comes tomorrow............... now I need to sort the maps out.

Does anyone have any advice on which one's to buy? I'm thinking a scale of about 4 miles to 1 inch would be good. Also maps that clearly show toll roads (for me to avoid::bigsmile:)

Many thanks

:Smile:

We also use the laptop (Google maps) and recently bought Microsoft's AutoRoute 2013 with the GPS Locator...still carry Maps though and always will:Cool:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I too prefer maps as well as Sat Nav, it's the planning that I love being able to study to map before hand and plan your route and seeing local landmarks on the route or just off it really helps. :thumb: :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i find the cepsa map better than the michelin one . i have been told repsol do a similer one to cepsa. both done by anaya touring club i think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back