• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Laptops For Sale, Various. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have up to 4 Laptops for sale which I will be bringing to Stratford Upon Avon Show.
I am currently reinstalling testing them so will have more details nearer the week.

1 will have windows on it,

The rest will be Linux. Not a lot to learn to use them and will be ideal for web browsing, emailing, writing letters etc. They will have all the software on you need along with a software centre with loads of free software.

Prices will vary from £50-£100 depending on which ones I deem fit to be sold on.

2 of the laptops were in regular use until just recently, the other two are fairly old.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Oops, I Meant Stratford Upon Avon Show. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hiya. Might be interested in one. Would need office so powerpoint, word excel. I'm not sure what else spec wise. I'll need to ask the teenager. Do you know the details of the newest/highest spec one you have?
cheers

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hiya. Might be interested in one. Would need office so powerpoint, word excel. I'm not sure what else spec wise. I'll need to ask the teenager. Do you know the details of the newest/highest spec one you have?
cheers
Sorry Paul, The one with windows on it would be a bit too slow for Microsoft office.
The most powerful one will come with Linux on it as it was my Workhorse until January. It does however have LibreOffice on it. Large screen with 1900 x 1200 resolution display. It won't however go long on battery as it was designed as a desktop replacement rather than a portable laptop. It does however come with mains and car charger.
Probably of no use to you with it not having windows sorry. However it will only be £75.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
ok, I will be bringing 2 laptops after all.
1 was too slow to reinstall and I got bored waiting.
2 was too old. It had windows 98 on it, no USB port so I couldn't install linux. It is surprisingly nippy but absolutely no use to anyone I don't think.

The 2 I will be bringing are
1) A Dell with a large screen 1920 x 1200. Nice to use but getting on a bit.
This has Linux installed.

2) Is an Asus Netbook which has a fresh install of windows on it. To slow to use for office stuff but for browsing and email, notes and web stuff it is perfect with a long battery life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back