Langtoftlad's Great British Tour... Part One (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I must admit I'm not a morning person but since I've retired, and since I've been doing this MH lark, I tend to wake up early (grumpy) and so am tending to get to things early.

This morning I reckon I was one of the first 'tourists' to cross the causeway - the carpark was deserted.

I had a pleasant stroll around the empty lanes. I could appreciate the peace & tranquillity of the Castle's isolation etc etc, blah blah.
I was in the Castle when it opened & had a good look round...
But OMG, when I came out, there were queues to get in.
As I walked back to my van, the village was heaving, packed.
I did contemplate hanging about (after crossing back) to see if I could get any good pics of the causeway being flooded by the tide - but I don't think there are any good vantage points.

The Seahouses tourist info lady has made a good point about not leaving at the last minute, "you'll not be the only one".
She wasn't kidding - the carpark is rammed.

IMG_20160622_090031-640x480.jpg

Moody

IMG_20160622_100726-640x480.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_20160622_085720-640x480.jpg

When the boat were no longer needed on the sea, they turned them over to make huts - brilliant.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I haven't had any 'alerts' for this blog for a few days, so just catching up from the 15th.
You're in an area where we spent about 4 weeks on our last trip as well as over the last couple of years, Him Indoors was brought up around there, so your photos & comments were great reminders.
Tomorrow is (probably) the last day of "Langtoftlad's GBT Part One".
Has it been fun? interesting? enlightening? memorable? Where did you like best?
I really hope you've had a great time - I've really enjoyed sharing it with you, thank you (y)

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Great drive home - mainly thanks to @dave newell lvs for the cruise he fitted at the very start of the 18 day trip... Made the 230+ miles down the A1 very comfortable

Got home thinking first, mustn't forget to empty fridge... good plan, except we're having a power cut!
Its all very eerily quiet & still in the village, nobody about, like all the residents have been abducted whilst I've been away... :whistle:.

So gas on & fridge filled from household one.
Stuff in there still cool (but not cold).
Another bonus of having MH!
Power Distribution company reckons we'll be back on grid by 5pm... I'll be out.
Might be having an extra unexpected night in the van... At least that's got hot water, cooking facilities & TV :D.

Has it been fun? interesting? enlightening? memorable? Where did you like best?
I really hope you've had a great time - I've really enjoyed sharing it with you, thank you (y)
Yes to all of the above (y)
I think I need a few hours to sort out best/worst experiences (no bad ones actually)...
One of the reasons I didn't carry on was that my poor little grey cells were in danger of being over stimulated so I thought a period of reflection & absorption was needed.
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
One of the reasons I didn't carry on was that my poor little grey cells were in danger of being over stimulated so I thought a period of reflection & absorption was needed.
I know exactly what you mean! On our longer tours (3 months or so). every so often we park up at a campsite for up to a whole week, just so we can stop and process everything, without having to think about ANYthing. Even when we're only gone for about a month, we might still 'park up' for three or four days somewhere in the middle of it, and just 'stop'.
So pleased you've had such a great time, glad you're back home safe, & hope you get your domestic power supply back soon!

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Belated wrap up.

Thoroughly enjoyed all of it - even the weather [though to be fair, I mostly avoided downpours & only had to contend with drizzle, grey skies, poor visibility]

By design or luck, had a good variety of "excursions & activities"

Lessons for next time - even though I tried not to 'rush' things, I perhaps should slow down even more & have time to absorb the experiences.

Costs: [all approximate]
18 nights:
Fuel - £170 [950 miles]
Sites - £220 [Britstops, CC Rowntree, Private Broadings, C&CC Dunstan Hill]
Other - £510 [Food, Meals Out, Beer, Entrances, Excursions, Souvenirs & Indulgences]

Satisfyingly works out to be £50/day (y).

+ Battery Fitted £105
+ Cruise Fitted £397

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009