Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
with tonights storm forecast I hope everyone in affected areas move as much as possible upstairs and park vehicles on higher ground. Sandbags on their own are not really efficient but first class with a plastic sheet between them and the house. My offer does of course apply to anyone who is flooded out irrespective of location, even those from Wales.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
with tonights storm forecast I hope everyone in affected areas move as much as possible upstairs and park vehicles on higher ground. Sandbags on their own are not really efficient but first class with a plastic sheet between them and the house. My offer does of course apply to anyone who is flooded out irrespective of location, even those from Wales.

My offer stands as well.

@Tootles do you want to borrow a kayak?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
(Parts of) Tadcaster is under water and the 300yr old Bridge is "out" (https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dramatic-moment-300-old-bridge-094354036.html) .

(But Both Breweries are OK!.:D:D:D:D. allegedly?).

Seriously, we have not seen a great deal of rain out here (yet) The Ouse Nr Goole was just below the banks, when I came back from East Midlands Airport earlier and the river Hull was very high near Beverley at Mid Day. The worst affected parts appear to be in the West of the County. it`s raining since about 1pm but not very heavy at all.

A report yesterday suggested that "Flood alleviation funding" for Yorkshire had been reduced by £8 per head of population, whilst London had seen and INCREASE of £11 per head of population. during the Tenure of the Current PM. No "North South" Divide then??

Pete

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
there is a lot of water in the river today and a large amunt of debris floating down when I was out with the dog just now but it is low at the moment height tide is 1056 tonight it is 5.19 m tide tonight with all that water it will be tight agene tonight
bill

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Anyone heard from Jez and Lin they live at york
Thanks Daisie. All's well with us, I did my homework before moving - made sure we wouldn't get affected. Awful for those who have though.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Over the last few weeks I have spent most of my time delivering sandbags the company I work for has suspended all timber sales and delivery's as drivers are needed for flood defence work.
Sand bag delivery and distribution there are fifteen agency sand bag filer's in the yard 10 hrs a day it like being in Poland not one English speaker they just could not get any British worker to do the work.
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back