Lake Garda in September (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
OK FUNSTERS.BEEN LOOKING ON OLD THREADS AND FANCY TRAVELING TO LAKE GARDA VIA LUXEMBURGE SWITZERLAND ETC.WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE BEGINING OF SEPT.ARE THE CAMPSITES STILL BUSY OR WILL I BE OK TO TURN UP WITH ACSI.BEEN TOLD THERE ARE MIDGES AROUND LAKES AT CERTAIN TIMES.ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED:thumb:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed at Lake Caldonazzo last September which is not far from Garda. Stunning scenery with good weather and campsites pretty quiet. No problems using ACSI without booking ahead. Camping Mario right alongside the lake with great cycle tracks / walks and trains to destinations such as Venice. I'd go back there again. Brenner pass also stunning. Enjoy :thumb:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Caldonazzo

50 metres across the road from the campsite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 30

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
September is not a bad time to visit, its a very popular destination but at this time of year the crowds have subsided so to my mind this makes it more enjoyable. The weather is generally good with daytime temps in the mid twenties, however we have experienced a fair bit of rain especially overnight in September.

We did however struggle to find pitch availability on the southern lakeside, which surprised us :whatthe: several campsites were full before we found this site..

http://www.campingsanfrancesco.com/en/camp-camping-village-sanfrancesco.php

They let us stay behind the restaurant on a grotty pitch for one night whilst we waited for a good spot on the lake side to become available.

This was our evening view.

Naturally they charge a little more to be by the lake.:RollEyes:

Voyger1010

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
UK
Funster No
Hi, we did a three week tour of the three lakes (Como, Garda and Maggiore in Italy last September, a week in each, absolutely no problem getting a pitch at any of the lakes. There is so many around Lake Garda that if you couldn't get in at one, there is plenty to go at, and a couple of serviced Aires, we noticed with availability. Good weather throughout the trip, although a little chilly at night in Sorico (northern end of Como) but Garda and Maggiore was high mid twenties. No Midges, and they love my other half. We didn't travel the Luxembourg route as we find it a bit up and down and laborious, after doing it for many years towing a caravan, although there is the benefit of cheap diesel in Luxembourg.
We tend these days to go down to Strasbourg and stop just south of Colmar at Eguisheim, medieval village.
Then onto Basel, Lucerne, Altdorf through Switzerland and do the Gotthard tunnel included with the Swiss road vignette (32.50 euros for over 3.5t and 40 euro for up to 3.5t so you best check) which you can get at Basel, although there was some talk about the rate being increased this year 2014. Anyway trust this helps enjoy.:Smile:

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
lake-garda-september

Try Camping Iseo on Lake Iseo. Small site. Little English spoken but respond to emails. Close to small town of Iseo, shops ,cafes etc supermarket close. Very peaceful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back