MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We have established availability at
Butterfly
Cappuccino
Francesco

We are looking in this area as we plan to visit the theme parks, verona and Venice
These look like easy access to bus and train.

I was wondering if anyone has any views or feedback on the above sites.

Thanks

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We stayed at Butterfly for one night in October. To be honest we didn't like it. The pitches were really cramped with no outlook. iIt was noisy until late at night and the facilities were okay but nothing special. On the plus side it was well situated for walks by the marina and into the town. Sorry not to be more positive.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Not stayed at any of the ones you mention, we stayed at Amici di Lazise, which was cramped, but we quite liked it. We did see camping butterfly, we weren't massively impressed to be honest.
The medieval times show is worth a visit, had a great evening there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have established availability at
Butterfly
Cappuccino
Francesco

Thanks

Don't know Francesco. Butterfly is closest to station. Great place. Cappuccino a bit further from the station and also a great place.

We preferred Butterfly but it fills up so quickly we ended up in Cappuccino which we now prefer though there's nothing much in it. Cappuccino has one of the best restaurants you could wish for right outside the gate.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
http://www.pianidiclodia.it/en/

We have stayed here three times, although we haven't been there for about ten years.

We loved it then, but it may not be the same (neither are we lol)
Thanks but this looks too far out to get a decent link into verona and Venice although near parks. Will investigate thou

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
We stayed on Butterfly. A nothing special campsite but ideal if your using it as a base. Railway station 10 to 15 minute walk. We did Venice and Verona from there. Direct trains and they ran on time.
I think Butterfly is in the ACSI book.

It's been four years since We were there but friends have been since and say nothing has changed.

Can't remember what month we went but we were a touch disappointed the were no boat trips running.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've stayed on Cappucini a couple of times and love it.

The pitches are 8m x 8m and are yours to use however you like, park diagonally across it if that's what floats your boat!!

They are located on the best stretch of beach on that part of the lake and there is a gate giving access directly on to it. They have their own beach bar as well.

There is a bar and shop at reception and also a pool on site if you like that sort of thing. The final part of the site is their pizza restaurant which is OK but not the best in walking distance.

Next time we're in that area we'll be staying there. Complete no brainer for us. I can't really say any more than that.

If you're thinking of going in high season (July, August) then book it as soon as possible. The best way is to email them, in English is fine, and you will get the booking form back. It's not cheap but nowhere in that area is in the summer.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
We stayed at Butterfly for 3 nights July 2011 - didn't book - a couple of other sites were full and suggested we try there - phoned them and they had a few small pitches - its a good location and we got the train- to Venice- from the station at Peschiera that was a few minutes away by bike (could walk it though). Very cheap train travel. . Site was busy with activities as it was school holiday time - facilities modern and clean. It might have cost 45 euros a night for just two adults! Ice cream in Peschiera was so good walked around town with one and then bought a second one. :D

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm really interested in this post @Jagtazman as we too were wanting to visit that area of the world. we too would be travelling beg.August and that's the only thing that's putting us off. Italian Lakes in August - could I cope with heat and peak busy on roads and site?
Which route would you be planning to take to/from?

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I'm really interested in this post @Jagtazman as we too were wanting to visit that area of the world. we too would be travelling beg.August and that's the only thing that's putting us off. Italian Lakes in August - could I cope with heat and peak busy on roads and site?
Will be following route recommended by several on here
Calais of metz to luzerne to lake garda
None toll roads except Switzerland which take you through Belgium and Luxembourg.

I made another pot of this recently as others have said a long hard drive but I'd rather just get there park up relax rather than take out time.
We plan to come back via geneva and stop there for a day. Worked out circ 2400 miles return for me

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed at Francesco about 4 years ago and have no complaints, if your a member of the CC try booking through them they saved us a few pounds. We had originally booked for 7 night but arrived 2 nights early due to bad weather in Austria and they gave us a smaller pitch for the first 2 nights at a higher price than we had paid for a lakeside pitch with CC.

We went in July so the site was busy but well spread out so didn't seem that busy, they have a large swimming pool area across the road in the static part of site which you can access via a pedestrian tunnel. The pool was large and very clean and safe although we preferred the lake.

The site has a couple of eating places and a carry out and although they weren't anything fancy we found them good value for money. They have plenty of toilets and washing areas with attendants keeping them clean all day.

There's a bus stop about 100yards from gate which takes you to Verona or the Train station where we caught the train to Venice, the towns of Desenzano (spelling) and Selima (spelling) are worth a visit and both can be reached by bus, cycle path or walking.

The site is also very safe as you need to show ID or wrist band to enter site.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'm sure @ukbill spent a fair bit of time in the area recently.. he may have some input.
We have stayed at Butterfly and Francesco and prefer the latter.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We going beg August I know will be busy and hot

And expensive and it's possible some sites a fully booked right now. So don't delay.

We normally go June or Sept. A couple of years ago we could not sleep for the heat in June, so expect it to be a bit warm. The bonus of Cappuccino is it's own gate right onto the beach, so you could throw yourself in the lake which is so vast will never overheat.

Two essentials: Sirmione and the Roman ruins at the top and Malcesini and the cable car 8000 feet up Monte Baldo.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Thanks guys
so francesco or cappuccino looks likely. Um so I suppose need to decide is Francesco worth the extra 20% cost over cappuccino...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks guys
so francesco or cappuccino looks likely. Um so I suppose need to decide is Francesco worth the extra 20% cost over cappuccino...

You'd have to get the bus from Francesco to the station. Might be a problem in Aug.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have also stayed at Francesco, large site, good food, bar area, take away, right next to lake, very clean toilets/showers, washing machines, very helpful staff

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks guys

..and that's presumably going to be down to what the offspring want from the campsite? :)

To be honest the SE shore of Lake Garda from Lazise downwards is one huge stretch of campsites - some are a bit quieter than others but it'd be difficult to make a poor choice.

As for buses - yes there are service buses, but as far as I know the bigger parks run free shuttlebus services too. Busier in August? Of course. Just queue earlier along with the Germans.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
..and that's presumably going to be down to what the offspring want from the campsite? :).

Without doubt Cappuccino is an olde fart's site, no animators and discos. You get those next door in Bella Italia. And maybe Francesco.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007

Gav, with a van your size you'd be better off on the Sosta in Pescheria.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I feel like Alan Wicker Andy, I've visited so many campsite websites recently!
Is it because of pitch size, access or roads?
I'll take a look.
Cheers

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Just seen your film channel showing the journey to the Sosta and now realised that it's like an Aire - which is good but it we do go to Garda, we'd need a site.
Your film stated that you travelled in August on the footage - was it really hot and was traffic a mare? - just out of curiosity as some have commented plus the OP was planning on August.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
How r u going to be able to guarantee a space in Aug on an aire ?

It's massive. Space for about 80 vans from memory.

No, you can't guarantee a space but you've got a pretty good chance of finding one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back