Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
Hi can anyone recommend a good acsi site at Lake Constance German side please. Will be visiting from Freiburg late September. It's our first visit to Germany .

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at the site at Stockach 781.not out of choice but to get guarenteed wi-fi so we could do elderly mothers shopping order! A small site as German sites go,spotless toilet block and all the permanents are grouped down the far end.
P.S. don't call it Lake Constance in front of the Germans,it's the
Bodensee to them!

OP
OP
Millibobs

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed at the site at Stockach 781.not out of choice but to get guarenteed wi-fi so we could do elderly mothers shopping order! A small site as German sites go,spotless toilet block and all the permanents are grouped down the far end.
P.S. don't call it Lake Constance in front of the Germans,it's the
Bodensee to them!
Many thanks for the info. Will give it a good look. Hope the groceries arrived ! David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

Seem to be quite a few Funsters heading for Bodensee this year as there have been a few posts about the area recently. We last visited in 2012 and are going back next month.

We stayed on one of the stellplatz at Radolfzell last time and it was fine. Depends what you want, if you are staying for more than a couple of days a campsite would be good of course but the ones I have looked at have been a bit out of the way whereas we prefer to be able to walk into town for shops, restaurants etc.

I quite like the look of Broken Link Removed stellplatz at Uberlingen, I believe they have a minibus into the pretty town if you don't fancy the walk.

Beautiful area though, so have fun.

Paul

Uberlingen from the ferry.

uberlingen.JPG

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We will be staying at park camping near Lindau again this year as got rained of last year and moved on... Have stayed on various stellenplatz on lake previously... Nice but popular area.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
To digress slightly (sorry Millibobs) but we were planning to get to Bodensee fairly quickly and take 3 days or so (quick by our standards!) via the French motorways as far as Strasbourg. This involves paying tolls of course. Just wondering if using the free Belgian and German motorways instead adds a lot of miles onto the journey?

Paul

OP
OP
Millibobs

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
To digress slightly (sorry Millibobs) but we were planning to get to Bodensee fairly quickly and take 3 days or so (quick by our standards!) via the French motorways as far as Strasbourg. This involves paying tolls of course. Just wondering if using the free Belgian and German motorways instead adds a lot of miles onto the journey?

Paul
Sorry Paul I don't know cos we live in Spain and will be travelling up from there. Have a good trip

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Many thanks for the info. Will give it a good look. Hope the groceries arrived ! David
Funny you should say that! tootling along somewhere in Germany,wifes mobile goes,'hello,Tesco delivery man here,I'm
trying to deliver groceries and getting no answer (mother lives in Bedale and is housebound!) So wife phones mother who has TV on so loud she can't hear door bell or what wife is trying to tell her! :swear2:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

Paul

I'd check out the roads you are planning to use in Belgium
some of them are a bit rough to say the least! especially in the south.This time we used the E44 or whatever it's called now Cambrai,Charlville-Meziers.Metz.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Paul

toll free: Calais - Lille - Mons - Chareloi - Namur - Metz - Luxembourg (cheap fuel) there is a short toll section to Strasbourg, even that avoidable if tight:)

the way we go every year...

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
toll free: Calais - Lille - Mons - Chareloi - Namur - Metz - Luxembourg (cheap fuel) there is a short toll section to Strasbourg, even that avoidable if tight:)

the way we go every year...

Thanks for that, I'll think we'll give that route a go. We have an evening Chunnel crossing then Bergues aire for he night so should work out well.

Paul

OP
OP
Millibobs

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
Hi

Seem to be quite a few Funsters heading for Bodensee this year as there have been a few posts about the area recently. We last visited in 2012 and are going back next month.

We stayed on one of the stellplatz at Radolfzell last time and it was fine. Depends what you want, if you are staying for more than a couple of days a campsite would be good of course but the ones I have looked at have been a bit out of the way whereas we prefer to be able to walk into town for shops, restaurants etc.

I quite like the look of Broken Link Removed stellplatz at Uberlingen, I believe they have a minibus into the pretty town if you don't fancy the walk.

Beautiful area though, so have fun.

Paul

Uberlingen from the ferry.

View attachment 69418
Paul many thanks for the stellplatz link, very useful. David

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We stayed at the Uberlingen stellplatz last year, lovely spot, plenty of space, bus service nearby down to the Bodensee shore, included in price. Lovely Italian restaurant on the other side of the main road.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed at the Uberlingen stellplatz last year, lovely spot, plenty of space, bus service nearby down to the Bodensee shore, included in price. Lovely Italian restaurant on the other side of the main road.

Sounds ideal then, thanks for the info.

Paul

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks for that, I'll think we'll give that route a go. We have an evening Chunnel crossing then Bergues aire for he night so should work out well.

Paul

thats the right direction :)
when are you leaving. we go next Thursday, evening crossing as well, staying in Ostende at Urbano dealership overnight

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back