Lake Aneccy in September (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
We are looking to go to Aneccy area in September, Looks like lot's of campsites to choose from. We will be taking cycles with us,like walking, and sightseeing. Looking for recommendations not too far from Aneccy. Things to do, we have plenty of time to explore, so any help appreciated. I have camper contact and acsi.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nice Aire at Bout-du-Lac at the bottom of the lake, more like a small site than an Aire, we stayed there a few years ago in September it was quiet, but Annecy was busy. Only about 10 miles on the nice cycle path to Annecy.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We were in Annecy a couple of weeks ago. Only for two nights as we were heading to Switzerland.

It was teeming with Swiss registered cars and the queues to get in and out over the weekend to Geneva were many miles long. I guess it is the swiss making use of the cheaper Annecy weekend and shopping.

We stayed at the Aire near the town, but I think the 24 hours was being abused.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We stayed there last September, missed all the rush and the crowds (even though it was still busy ish) stayed on a campsite on the lake itself (very peacefull site, no club/bar just a little shop and a bike hire hut there) was one of the sites where you drive around and tell them where you want to be (y)... with plenty to do within cycle walking distance, great cycle paths both ways from the site, Annecy one way which has stunning scenery, not much compared to the lake the opposite way but it was good ride out that day, my ass was sore as hell :LOL:
P1070814.JPG
P1070789.JPG
20160830_184153.jpg

Top pic is the cycle path which basically runs around the lake, second pic is Annecy, third pic is took from the site, has to be one of my favourite places to date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi ,We found Annecy very busy ,campsite & aire , so we used a nice aire at La Balme de Sillingy ,lakeside with a bar.north west of Annec about 10 miles

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
We stayed there last September, missed all the rush and the crowds (even though it was still busy ish) stayed on a campsite on the lake itself (very peacefull site, no club/bar just a little shop and a bike hire hut there) was one of the sites where you drive around and tell them where you want to be (y)... with plenty to do within cycle walking distance, great cycle paths both ways from the site, Annecy one way which has stunning scenery, not much compared to the lake the opposite way but it was good ride out that day, my ass was sore as hell :LOL:
View attachment 156936 View attachment 156937 View attachment 156938
Top pic is the cycle path which basically runs around the lake, second pic is Annecy, third pic is took from the site, has to be one of my favourite places to date.
Great pictures. Do you know the name of campsite. Sound's like the kind of place we like

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I seem to recall several sites in & around Sevrier, busy but not full in September. Good cycling around the lake, but not all of it a dedicated cycleway. Annecy is easily reached from Sevrier and has much to offer. You can even get to Annecy by boat.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Always learning
May I ask please, is this an acsi listed site?[
Am not sure to be honest, i know more or less every site we entered we were asked if we were ACSI members but unfortunatley we are not - the difference in price was only a couple of nicka anyway

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001

Thanks, yes it is, Ive found it on google earth, the acsi flag is flying high. Looks very nice, and not overly expensive at 17€/night witk ehu included.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Always learning
The pictures on the site did not resemble what it was like when we arrived there, it was nowhere near full and very relaxed and peacefull - just how we like it ;)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
September shouldn't be too busy except for the weekend of 16th-17th as it is a National Swiss holiday on the 17th :) (Thanksgiving) so take care on those days as it will be busier for sure.

We still use the hidden and unofficial aire on the east side, other wise we like the tiny campsite of Simon de Verthier at the South of the lake, cheap and quiet.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I am the Passenger co-pilot by the way.

I take off last and he lands my feet.

Whilst he does all the very hard work and now 16 year of training and learning. Constantly asking me if I am okay. I sit end enjoy the view in fear he may pass out due to the thin air.

TM

Kim and Philip

Free Member
Mar 27, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Also recommend les rives du lac campsite (ACSI). At the campsite at present. Direct access to the lake. Lovely spot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back