Lafuma Relaxer RSX Chairs

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by craiggs, Jun 8, 2010.

1. craiggs

craiggs Read Only Funster

I was thinking of buying some Lafuma Chairs maybe new or s/hand are they as good as what they say or is there others just as good or better

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

I will have two for sale at Haganaps bring and buy along with footrests. :BigGrin:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

They are very well made and extremely comfortable but due to having steel frames they are quite heavy, also not very good for dining at a table .. we sold our pair for these reasons.

Before parting with cash have a look at them in the flesh and compare the weight with aluminum framed ones..

4. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I am not on the small side and Bruno has tipped me out of mine many times in earlier days yet they are still OK, other chairs would and have broken.

I am also tall and still fit me well and all others who have tried them like them.

Go for it.

Jim the word relaxer makes them not a suitable table dinning chair

5. craiggs

craiggs Read Only Funster

I think the wife would like the sun lowger ones so if any of them for sale

6. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

We got two of the cheap Lafumas-lightweight-from Towsure, VERY comfortable!:Smile:

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Not necessarily John, we have since bought lightweight aluminum framed reclining chairs that can be used as dining chairs. OK, not as comfortable as a LaFuma but it meant we only needed to carry FOUR rather than EIGHT chairs.

For many, ( most ) payload is tight, so it's always worth considering weight before buying.

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Bought my Lafuma in 2000 and on average have spent 6 months of the year lounging in it, I thought it expensive at the time but you get what you pay for with camping chairs.
    Before buying my Lafuma I was going through 1 chair a year.
    Have had to put new bungys on it a few times and the cover is getting a bit tatty now,so the next one will be without the padded seat,that is unless I can just buy the seat part.
    An A plus chair in my opinion,especialy if you spend as much time as me in it.

9. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK Read Only Funster

Heavy (steel frame) brought ours 15 years ago and still going strong !

10. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

We bought several chairs before eventually buying the Lafumas - they are a bit heavy, but are soooo much better than any of the other chairs we tired and the (expensive) mistakes we ended up giving away on Freecycle........

I find the bags for the chairs helpful so went for a deal which included them - they don't snag on anything in the m/h garage when packed in the bags. They seem to be a much better quality than most of the other chairs we've seen, too. I'd recommend them anytime.