Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry - I thought it was about female motorhomers and we are two of those. So we're not solo motorhomers. Confusion all round. :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hoorrrahhh!

Smoking threads... cycling threads... generator threads... gassing threads... grey water threads and now a NEW bone of contention thread... anti women, anti men at rallies thread!

Frankly, on our Fun Forum, I don't think there should be any attempts at organising events which are not open to all members of Fun.

Why, at the rallies I have attended, they even allowed Man U*d supporters!

JJ :cool:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I don,t mind what sought of meet,!!
I can see the need for both women,s meet , men only weekend,

I just know when you go on your own to a meet,it's not the same as having some other person to go with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thread hijacked again lol

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Red !!!and a solo and a woman,ahhhhh my god,will I get derogatory remarks at my next meet!!!:(:eek:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Please ladies don,t let this stop you arranging a meet,for women only I think it is a good idea???
I would definitely go,

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Hi Frentchy

Not it's not derogatory, it just means couples of the opposite sex (i.e. one male and one female) :)

Hmmm:unsure: that's the first time I'v heard binary used in that context, seems like another misuse of a word to describe /discriminate/categorize:(Its not on our marriage certificate, nor our children's Birth certificates. I personally don't like it; Being classed as "binary couple" gives me the impression of lab rats for pumping out sprogs for the benefit of others who (for life style choices) can't re-produce, perhaps its "wiser" to remove the possibly contentious word "binary" and stick with Couples ;)(y)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Earlier this thread (about lady motorhomers) was highjacked by a male Funster wishing to join an all lady meet...

JJ :cool:

well i hope they told him where to get off bloody cheek of some ppl :whistle:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
He looked cute in his wig,garters and tutu:inlove:

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
What a shame that this thread deteriorated into male v female. I took the op to simply mean 'any ladies up for a rally?'- nothing about being solo or anti men, just women getting together to enjoy spending some time together. I certainly would have no problem with there being a men only rally, sometimes it's good to do things separately! There have been a couple of men who have posted on this thread that seem to have "got" what the op was saying- come on chaps, lighten up :D

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Seems to me that some people are deliberately trying to derail this thread into an augment. I see nothing wrong with there being a women only meet if that's what someone wants to organise. Personally I like to go round the meets and spend a bit of time with some of my single motorhoming friends, so I hope they continue to come to the general meets.

I really never give it a thought when I see two females, or two males travelling together, I have better things to think about than sticking my nose into someone else's business.

One thing is for sure though, I have a massive amount of admiration for any single motorhomer who travels and sets up by themselves, be it man or women. Long may they continue to feel the sprit and drive to keep going.

Oh and shame on the few ignoramuses that feel they have to make such out of date, small minded comments about single/same sex motorhomes. Two ladies or men travelling together could be sisters/brothers, best friends, mother and daughter, father and son or lovers, what the hell has it got to do with anyone else. Grrrr......steam vented and breath.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well maybe the admiration comes from me getting myself into a bit of a stew if I have to drive the van by myself, but I do do it and will continue to do so when I have to, but I freely admit I prefer Colin to drive.

I was single for quite a few years and wish I had known about motorhoming then, mind you I wouldn't have been able to afford it then but if had known what I know now, I would have got a smaller van and used it as my everyday vehicle as well as for travelling.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you for all the open and genuinely accepting responses. If the women, including us, would like a get together, I think it can only be another good thing that comes out of this great forum. Clearly some of us would find it yet another benefit. No disrespect to our male compatriots at all and we certainly will look forward to the other meets we will hopefully come to.

LesleyC

Free Member
Jul 28, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Base bought-no conversion
Exp
None at all, but a fair amount of tent camping experience
If anyone does organise a women's meet, I'd happily leave my husband at home and join you all for a weekend :) Provided of course the date is after our van has been converted!
And if there is a mixed gender 'solo' meet, if it wouldln't be inappropriate, I'd be happy to leave him at home and go to that too :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If anyone does organise a women's meet, I'd happily leave my husband at home and join you all for a weekend :) Provided of course the date is after our van has been converted!
And if there is a mixed gender 'solo' meet, if it wouldln't be inappropriate, I'd be happy to leave him at home and go to that too :)

Me too

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Me three please!:) (Well apart from the bit about waiting for the van.....:ROFLMAO:)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp

me to im quite happy to leave me blowup doll in the trunk :whistle:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
We are getting there ladies!
Now it's just deciding were and when????
Any ideas????

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I don,t know it at all,but it's only 3hr journey for me,so I would be happy with that.
I love being by any water. :clap2:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Only about a couple of hours for me also love being close to water (and wine)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back