Lady Heyes (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Just arrived at Lady Heyes an hour ago, sat in the bar with Lopez having a pint and a snack.
Since we were last here the cafe now doubles up as a chippy which looks quite good, will try it tonight.
Going to book a meal a meal for tomorrow at the Travellers Rest just down the road.
Loverly site, not been for twelve months but will be back soon as its only 45 mins away from home so easy to nip to.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hey Pauly p Beware the shower doors I was stuck in there for ages the stupid catch failed and so did my arthritic fingers :roflmto:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hey Pauly p Beware the shower doors I was stuck in there for ages the stupid catch failed and so did my arthritic fingers :roflmto:

I will watch out for that, make sure i have my phone with me for emergencies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Just been up to the chippy on site, generous portions and good price.

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Before we left on Saturday we managed to book in for sun/mon the 8/9th dec, should arrive around lunch time. There was only 3 spaces available.
Will have 3 of the grandchildten with us as we are babysitting the night before. Son and his wife are coming over and all going to Travellers Rest for a bite to eat.

Hope to say hello to everyone.

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi sorry to hijack but would you recommend this site for first timers like me? I'm looking to go somewhere soon for our first trip thanks

Mark

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Before we left on Saturday we managed to book in for sun/mon the 8/9th dec, should arrive around lunch time. There was only 3 spaces available.
Will have 3 of the grandchildten with us as we are babysitting the night before. Son and his wife are coming over and all going to Travellers Rest for a bite to eat.

Hope to say hello to everyone.

Hi Paul

I do get quite cross with sites when they do this, Alex specifically told me that he would not be taking any further bookings from Motorhome fun members. It makes it very difficult when you organise specific things such as entertainemt or whatever when all of a sudden you have 20 more people than initially planned. On top of this, he informed me that he had no further spaces, there will be more than 3 spaces on Sunday and Monday as we have lots of funsters leaving on the Sunday.
These commercial sites, do my head in when it comes to organising rallies at them.:Smile:
I asked for extra space and was told no, hence why we have a reserve list.

last year we had (allegedly) someone from fun complain about the noise. It was someone that had booked directly with the site and then got upset when a) there was noise and b) there was no rally rate. Hence why he was insistant that no one booked direct again.

Hi sorry to hijack but would you recommend this site for first timers like me? I'm looking to go somewhere soon for our first trip thanks

Mark

Yes Mark, I would say its worth a try, I would not normally go if it wasn't for a rally though. :thumb:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hi Paul

I do get quite cross with sites when they do this, Alex specifically told me that he would not be taking any further bookings from Motorhome fun members. It makes it very difficult when you organise specific things such as entertainemt or whatever when all of a sudden you have 20 more people than initially planned. On top of this, he informed me that he had no further spaces, there will be more than 3 spaces on Sunday and Monday as we have lots of funsters leaving on the Sunday.
These commercial sites, do my head in when it comes to organising rallies at them.:Smile:
I asked for extra space and was told no, hence why we have a reserve list.

last year we had (allegedly) someone from fun complain about the noise. It was someone that had booked directly with the site and then got upset when a) there was noise and b) there was no rally rate. Hence why he was insistant that no one booked direct again.

Yes Mark, I would say its worth a try, I would not normally go if it wasn't for a rally though. :thumb:

We were not booking as part of the rally or as MH Fun members just asked if there was any space, thought the rally was on the last night on the saturday. It was only when Alex checked that we overlap on one night.
Obviously the 3 previous nights are full, there are a lot of statics there which have all year bookings so i presume some of them will be there at the samd time.
Last week a caravan rally turned up and took all the spaces around us which was not a problem

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well speaking as people who have never been to that site - we liked the look of it rally aside, because of Chester being within easy reach by public transport apart from anything that might be happening at Lady Heyes itself - and there's a lot in Chester - the river, the Rows, Roman remains, shopping, the ordinary and/or Xmas market ........ oh and the Zoo of course !

Hook-up, hard standing, loos and showers.

If you should get there before Pauly leaves even if you aren't with the actual rally beforehand, there will be a person who you may feel is at least 'approachable' should you have any probs or need to ask any questions.

Most people in motorhomes and Yes! - even caravans! - are approachable anyway as it happens.

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back