Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
At Lady Heyes Frodsham again. ::bigsmile:

Just got back from the Travellers Rest.:thumb::thumb:

If you are going to Lady Heyes then you must go to the Travellers Rest for a meal, superb food and the staff are great.

Just down the road, taxi £4. They have their own website so you can see the menu - the food is superb, and reasonably priced.

Taxi driver brought us right back to reception, need the swipe card for the outer barrier, Then i went back to the barrier to let him out, should have took a torch as it was very dark on the walk back through the car park.:Eeek::Eeek:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
At Lady Heyes Frodsham again. ::bigsmile:

Just got back from the Travellers Rest.:thumb::thumb:

If you are going to Lady Heyes then you must go to the Travellers Rest for a meal, superb food and the staff are great.

Just down the road, taxi £4. They have their own website so you can see the menu - the food is superb, and reasonably priced.

Taxi driver brought us right back to reception, need the swipe card for the outer barrier, Then i went back to the barrier to let him out, should have took a torch as it was very dark on the walk back through the car park.:Eeek::Eeek:

Thanks Paul. That is just the recommendation we need when going to that site, as we are early in December. I think we will go there.

::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Can't reccomend it enough, wish we were with you but unfortunatelly i'm working.
There is an old fashioned sweet shop on site - things in there i had forgotten about - cannot resist going in.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We had been looking for somewhere to go for New Year when I looked at Lady Hayes website where it stated ' we are putting together final details for our New Year get together' so I emailed them to ask if it was sorted, what was happenng and how much'. They never even replied and removed all reference to New Year from the website. Needless to say we won't be going and have booked to go to C&CC site at Oswestry.

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We had been looking for somewhere to go for New Year when I looked at Lady Hayes website where it stated ' we are putting together final details for our New Year get together' so I emailed them to ask if it was sorted, what was happenng and how much'. [HI]They never [/HI][HI]even replied [/HI]and removed all reference to New Year from the website. Needless to say we won't be going and have booked to go to C&CC site at Oswestry.

I am quite surprised by that.
Couple of weeks ago we were coming here, my son and family were also coming with there tent, kids half term and plenty going on.
We wanted to watch the Chelsea/Man Utd game on the sunday so i emailed to see if it would be on anywhere.
Got a reply within an hour from Sue in the office, it would be on at the Bears Paw down in Frodsham, she also asked would we like to be booked into the Bistro on friday eve as we arrived.
I said yes and she emailed back that she had booked for 4 Adults and 3 children for 7pm.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
We have had great service here so dont let one small problem colour your view it's a great site which will improve each year as they have plans to make it better.
One thing i like is in the site rules they state about being quiet after 10.30pm which is good for those with kids, also state that they will be fair but firm when dealing with this issue.
There was a big crowd camping together when my son was here, they were quite noisy on the first night and were told firmly on the second night, left the next morning and the manager told me he felt let down by them and they would not be allowed back.:thumb:

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Just been down into Frodsham, didn't bring the toad so used a taxi £5.60 each way.
Had a look around a few shops,didn't seem to be many, then started to rain a little so ended up in a nice tea shop for lunch, in a little block of old cottage buildings near the Bears Paw pub.

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
We had a family get - together there and a good time was had by all. Did you get to meet Bob Carolgees (of Spit the Dog fame) in his candle shop on site?

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Been in the candle shop and spoke to Bob, saw all the posters of panto's and shows he was in. Commented on all the names on there which i had not heard of for a long time. He said they were all Dead thats why, he looked well though.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We had a family get - together there and a good time was had by all. Did you get to meet Bob Carolgees (of Spit the Dog fame) in his candle shop on site?

You have family get togethers EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :winky::ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I loved that dog. So so funny!

Would love to see his attitude towards everything PC these days!

:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back