Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I meant to report that during the week, when the sun was shining, I had a bash at cleaning some of the crud around the main Hekki rooflight. I was surprised about how green the 'lip' and surrounding roof had become, despite the van being covered during the winter months.

For an entirely different reason, I had bought (yet another) ladder. This one was a steal! A tall-ish step ladder with top platform which cost a discounted £27 from B&Q. Well actually, it was less than that because I got a further 'Diamond Club' discount making it £24.30. It's light too! Weighs about the same as the hop-up I normally stow and stores in the under-bed stowage.

It fitted nicely in the MH aisle and made access to the now open rooflight really safe and easy. Took an old toothbrush to the lichen on the surround and managed to also clean under the solar panel too!

It was amazing just how much of the roof could be reached via this method. I normally use (yet another) ladder, plus a telescopic brush to do the roof, but there's no way you can get into the crooks and nannies with it.

All I have to do now is attack the other rooflights, aerials and flue caps. Damn! It's raining - shame :D

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
When you've finished such a thorough job you can have a quick ride up the A12 and do mine to the same exacting standard.....you know practice makes perfect and all those ladders need to be used!:D

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Those vents and flue caps are made of strange stuff, never been able to get mine cleaned satisfactorily.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi @Zains Pops
Have toothbrush, will travel eh?
Yeah, I can chug up the A12. Chelmsford is only 20 mins away BUT, I can never get my head around that one-way system! I always seem to get 'pushed' into the wrong lane and wind up going to Broomfield, Springfield, or back the way I came! Soooo, I could bring all my kit, some elbow grease and never arrive at yours! Still, the thought was there :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back