Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
for why?

Just wondering how many funsters use a blanking plate type device on their rear ladders.

For why? are you thinking it will stop someone climbing on the roof of a motor home? Myself I have a part detachable ladder on the Winnibago as standard, but if some idiot wants to try and nick my saterlite or Winguard then they are welcome to climb up.. a small in fill is not going to stop someone if the wanted to get on the roof... added weight and looks ugly.

Bob:Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You mean one of these. It does deter the opportunist thieves :thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 21

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They can still get up there if they really want to but some ladder security can be a deterrent.

From the checkout of a French supermarket I once saw kids use the ladder to get into Dutch guys Hymer via an open skylight. The ladder made it easy to get in. They were in out and gone in a minute or less, the guy had a dog as well, (which was why the skylight was opened I suppose) the door was left open, and the dog got out and they nearly ran it over when they scarpered in their car. The dog was scared and out on the main entry road, it was chaos for a little while. Shame it wasn't my dog, we could have handed what was left of him over the the Gendarmes.:Smile:

I would say that if you leave your skylights open, even at night on a site, then ladder security is a good idea:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back