Ladder Security

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Phil_Mart, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Phil_Mart

Phil_Mart Read Only Funster

Just wondering how many funsters use a blanking plate type device on their rear ladders.

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

for why?

For why? are you thinking it will stop someone climbing on the roof of a motor home? Myself I have a part detachable ladder on the Winnibago as standard, but if some idiot wants to try and nick my saterlite or Winguard then they are welcome to climb up.. a small in fill is not going to stop someone if the wanted to get on the roof... added weight and looks ugly.

Bob:Eeek:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

You mean one of these. It does deter the opportunist thieves :thumb:

Peter

Attached Files:

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

They can still get up there if they really want to but some ladder security can be a deterrent.

From the checkout of a French supermarket I once saw kids use the ladder to get into Dutch guys Hymer via an open skylight. The ladder made it easy to get in. They were in out and gone in a minute or less, the guy had a dog as well, (which was why the skylight was opened I suppose) the door was left open, and the dog got out and they nearly ran it over when they scarpered in their car. The dog was scared and out on the main entry road, it was chaos for a little while. Shame it wasn't my dog, we could have handed what was left of him over the the Gendarmes.:Smile:

I would say that if you leave your skylights open, even at night on a site, then ladder security is a good idea:Smile: