LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
I see aldi has a ladder platform £69.99 has any one got one and are they any good. I been thinking about getting one for cleaning m/home after seeing them at nec £100.00 there ?

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The Aldi ones will almost certainly be too low to enable you to reach the roof of your motorhome. You'll need at least 4 clear rungs on the uprights to get a decent height.

And don't forget you'll need planks or similar to place on the horizontal run.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Some useful bits and pieces here too:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i would never trust 1 of those platforms i believe they are to narrow and not strong enough but thats just my personal opinion if its something you just need now and then go to your local hire company and hire 2 treasles and a few scaffold boards if its for cleaning the van it will be a day hire or a weekend and safer

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I have the same design of platform although can't remember the brand. It is very very stable and I use it a lot for my aquarium. Great piece of kit that I wouldn't be without. Keep in mind that they do take a few mins to setup, they also are more awkward to move around although they do give you more flexibility as you can move around.

Just out of curiosity, why not a plain old ladder ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
For around £100 I would rather have Link Removed.

In fact, I've had one for a couple of years after a recommendation on here from FreelanderUK. When we had the Autoquest I could set it up over the bonnet to enable cleaning of the Luton safely. The Burstner doesn't have a Luton but I still use them in platform mode to clean the upper halves of the front, back and sides of the van.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have a similar one to Graham (GJH) ........ 4ft high to platform and find it very stable & I also have the optional safety hand rail .... great piece of kit for cleaning out the gutters at home ( we do live in a bungalow )

Mine was purchased on a deal at the Peterborough show about 3 years back ... the hand rail I bought later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back