Ladder platform

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jamwitt, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jamwitt

Jamwitt Funster Life Member

I see aldi has a ladder platform £69.99 has any one got one and are they any good. I been thinking about getting one for cleaning m/home after seeing them at nec £100.00 there ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

The Aldi ones will almost certainly be too low to enable you to reach the roof of your motorhome. You'll need at least 4 clear rungs on the uprights to get a decent height.

And don't forget you'll need planks or similar to place on the horizontal run.

3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

4. Jamwitt

Jamwitt Funster Life Member

It says it has max height for working platform is 3.1 mtrs :Eeek:

5. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i would never trust 1 of those platforms i believe they are to narrow and not strong enough but thats just my personal opinion if its something you just need now and then go to your local hire company and hire 2 treasles and a few scaffold boards if its for cleaning the van it will be a day hire or a weekend and safer

6. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

I have the same design of platform although can't remember the brand. It is very very stable and I use it a lot for my aquarium. Great piece of kit that I wouldn't be without. Keep in mind that they do take a few mins to setup, they also are more awkward to move around although they do give you more flexibility as you can move around.

Just out of curiosity, why not a plain old ladder ?

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

For around £100 I would rather have One of These.

In fact, I've had one for a couple of years after a recommendation on here from FreelanderUK. When we had the Autoquest I could set it up over the bonnet to enable cleaning of the Luton safely. The Burstner doesn't have a Luton but I still use them in platform mode to clean the upper halves of the front, back and sides of the van.

• Like Like x 1
  8. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I have a similar one to Graham (GJH) ........ 4ft high to platform and find it very stable & I also have the optional safety hand rail .... great piece of kit for cleaning out the gutters at home ( we do live in a bungalow )

Mine was purchased on a deal at the Peterborough show about 3 years back ... the hand rail I bought later.