Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
good day from sunny Benidorm,
just to let all you snowbirds that are thinking of going to
La Torretta this winter they have put the prices up as of the 1st September 2017,buy €5 a night plus you don't get any free electricity!?
So that equals at least €150 +40 cents a kilowatt going to make it very expensive!!!!!!!
Maybe have to be looking elsewhere from now on?pension won't stretch to these prices.
Its a pity because it's a nice convenient site for seafront and town

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Ouch, what are the actual long term rates from September ? they haven't changed their website site yet.
Could it be that they reduce/remove the number of pitches in the flooding area to meet the requirement of the recent license issues from the local council, and are now trying to make up the loss from the remaining pitches, but 5 emus is one very large rise + 1.6 per day for electric.
Cheers
Ed

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think they need sort that License out first...(y)
Unless they have and there is a little brown packet being collected every week ;) Hence the price increase..

:whistle2:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
No that is the long term (30+). Price no reduction in pitches,seems they are dividing some of the larger pitches on the flood plain to make more spaces?
Spoke to reception about the flood plain issues and how the council wanted to shut them down and was told not to worry " man Jana"never comes!? We just keep appealing till they get fed up and it would be years before (if ever) things change

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
To be honest our first trip to Benidorm was to El Raco which WAS expensive whilst there we checked out the other sites
Torreta
Arena Blanca
Benidorm and the others further out of town

WE (note us/we our personal opinion) thought Torreta looked scruffy unkempt and the holes in the fences a big security risk and the flooding in Autumn meant we were not impressed by the site
We KNOW that a lot of people like the site but I do worry about it - - -- We eventually settled on Arena Blanca for a few reasons but basically it was smaller friendly and had decent visible security
We are returning again this September for the month not all winter as we as yet are getting used to getting away for over a couple of months and I still need to see my GP regularly as I don't want to get struck off the panel for being away too long

AFAIK long term on Arena Blanca the cost is 10€ a night and 0.40€c /KW for a month we are paying 12€ and 0.40€c /KW

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
To be honest our first trip to Benidorm was to El Raco which WAS expensive whilst there we checked out the other sites
Torreta
Arena Blanca
Benidorm and the others further out of town

WE (note us/we our personal opinion) thought Torreta looked scruffy unkempt and the holes in the fences a big security risk and the flooding in Autumn meant we were not impressed by the site
We KNOW that a lot of people like the site but I do worry about it - - -- We eventually settled on Arena Blanca for a few reasons but basically it was smaller friendly and had decent visible security
We are returning again this September for the month not all winter as we as yet are getting used to getting away for over a couple of months and I still need to see my GP regularly as I don't want to get struck off the panel for being away too long

AFAIK long term on Arena Blanca the cost is 10€ a night and 0.40€c /KW for a month we are paying 12€ and 0.40€c /KW

No, Arena Blanca prices have also increased this year. Last year, for 31 nights in May/June it was 12.90 euros. This year it is 14.50 euros for the same period with no electricity. Electricity is a whopping 0.45 euros per kilowatt.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
After spending last winter on la torreta we/I decided not to go back there and will choose another site. Maybe not Benidorm at all this year.
A lot iof vans got parked in Front of us when the bottom of the site was evacuated. I wouldn't have been pleased if it was me. The back of my pitch was flooded too but as I parked near the front of the pitch we could exit from it. Luckily the door is at the rear otherwise we couldn't. We were on the top step of the ramps.

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
Well it looks like they will have shot them selves in the pocket I think I will be looking elsewhere next year. Might try Portugal brother in law there now sent photos looks fantastic and either free or cheep!

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi according to La Torreta reception non of the above is true other than you will now have to pay for electric happy travels Rod

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
IMG_0591.JPG
Here's a picture of my bill now and the one later

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Is that because of the winter rates difference my friend has been to reception yesterday & thats what they told her she has booked from mid October for the same rate as last year?

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
The 465 was the total bill without a deposit for this holiday the one on the right is 465 to pay after deposit of 155 taken off for the next holiday in September.What has your sister been charged for 31nights then?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The word "Descuento" is Discount...
My view is the bill is €465 total... If you have paid any deposit it will be less that amount.
They are just showing the Standard rate at the top..

OP
OP
S

Stuartand paula

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2years
UPDATE!!!
Just been to see reception and they explained that this was going to be new price ?but hadn't been officially confirmed by senior management?? Found out that they had given €155 discount because we booked the holiday last year so they said we shouldn't be penalise. So good news for us this year but still up in the air for next year?
Saying that they still appear to be one of the cheapest about when you take into account that they don't charge for dogs like other sites.
Happy camping‍

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
The 465 was the total bill without a deposit for this holiday the one on the right is 465 to pay after deposit of 155 taken off for the next holiday in September.What has your sister been charged for 31nights then?
They have told her the same as last year & 40 cents for 1kw electric i think they are making it up as they go along

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They are now charging 40c/kwh for hook up and to get the cheap €15/night rate you have to stay 45+nights. Up to 31 nights it's €17.50/night.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Hmm we are on Arena Blanca paying 14€95 a night for 31 nights (under is 17€95) and the electric is 0€45c a KW

and beer in Foleys is still 1€50 a pint too so Stephs happy be in there Wednesday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back