La Torretta Dogs and ACSI 2017 books

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Milliemobile, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Hello all,

We are looking into spending winter over 2016 to 2017 in Spain, Portugal, etc.
    We haven't gone over the years before in the past returning in Dec then going back out in Feb.
    Firstly ACSI books how do folks go about getting next years book if abroad, expect to be in Spain from mid December to mid Jan, hopefully Benidorm (more on that later). Can you buy the books in Spain? Has anyone had them delivered to a campsite?

La Torretta Benidorm
    We are looking at this campsite from mid Dec to mid Jan, it allows dogs but can't see if a limit as we have three.
    Does anyone know if three are allowed?
    It's close to the national park are dogs allowed to be walked in this area?
    We stayed at Area Blanca last year for a couple of days and liked the location it was our first experience of Benidorm in a motorhome and was a good spot for exploring we think, but a but restrictive for the dogs, very small pitches and limited places to walk them.
    As we would be looking at staying 30 days they would need good long walks, hopefully around the national park area we thought La Torretta might be more suitable than Area Blanc.
    Tried to look/book online but it then default to Spanish so not exactly sure what is being asked. Nige has sent them an email but hopefully there might be someone who has personal experience?

Thank you

Lin :)

2. Geejay

Geejay Funster

Vicarious Books and ACSI will deliver to a campsite. I haven't had this but it can be done for an extra postage charge. I've found Vicarious more reliable and quicker for delivery in the UK, especially if you pre-order, I think in October. I know someone who ordered it to arrive at home in the UK and a relative posted it out. They could just send the Card as all the info is on the website.

I've bought the book in Spain a couple of times and there is a list of Spanish sales points on their website. They are usually available there (in English) from around the middle of December. Spain ACSI Sales Points

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Ah great idea, could get my brother to post us the card, thanks for that.
    Vicarious books said to allow 21 days for airmail, so that might be an option if we book La Torretta.
    I will check out the list of places selling in Spain too.

Thank you very much :)

Lin

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

The camping shop opposite El Raco were selling the Acsi books last winter, they were so popular that they had to reorder. They did say they will be selling them again, but I can check when we get there in the next few days.
    Cheers
    Ed

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. webby1

webby1 Funster

Please contact ACSI asking them to set up an online membership system. If you don't get the card or lose it a campsite can check online that you are a member and your passport proves you are that person.
    How many of us have this ACSI card problem year after year. None of the British clubs insist you have to have their card and are happy to check on line for membership.

More people who ask more likely to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

That would be great Ed, thank you

Lin:)

7. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Funster

We ask Vicarious Books to post ours out to a campsite we know we'll be at because we set off for Spain before the first week in Decmeber, when the ACsi Guide comes out. Never had a problem this way.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

We're sloping off over the delivery period so I sent ACSI an EMail asking if they had any alternatives for us to get the book and card abroad and they replied with a resounding "No"

You would think there would be some mechanism for doing it with all their customers 'bunking' off to warmer climes, but no.

9. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Hi Lin and
    Hi Lin, nice to hear we might see you and Nigel in Benidorm later this or next year! We had our first Winter there last/this year and are heading back out again in a few weeks time.
    As Ed has said, the camping shop opposite El Raco sells the ACSI books...in all language versions and at the same price as from Vacarious! But we heard that many other similar Spanish camping shops had copies. Be wary of having the book sent out as if mail is collected from reception (as at Raco) from a pigeon hole box thingy as we did hear that some went missing as the package was recognised by some undesirable folk! Just having someone send out the card is perhaps a better idea.

Can't comment on the dog numbers limit at Torreta, but El Raco also permits dogs, not aware of any limit there either but you could always drop them an email info@campingraco.com. They're pretty good at getting back to you. Nice big pitches also, fully plumbed in and with TV from EHU
    at €14.72 night for the Winter rate includes 2kw electric per day.

Not sure about where the National Park area you're talking about is? If it's Serra Galada area where I've dropped a pin on Google Earth, I cycled and walked up there a few times and saw folk walking dogs. The map makes it look quite close :rolleyes:...but it's an uphill walk, gradual through the urban area and then steeper in the hills. Nice though...and your both younger and fitter than we are! As you can see...it's nearer El Raco than La Toretta ;).

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 05.50.51.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. goldenline

goldenline Funster

They are still selling them now
    Alan

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

The man says 2017 Acsi books due in shop opposite Raco end November early December at normal price €15.95
    Cheers
    Ed

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Hi,
    I've set Nige off researching the areas and El Raco, will drop them an email about the number of dogs allowed.
    Yes we are looking forward to some Benidorm fun and sun, tried a couple of days after Benicarlo last year, weather was very cold and windy, but I don't think that was typical, just our bad luck, certainly want to try again for longer.
    The dogs restrict us and Area Blanca pitches were certainly too small for us all, El Ranco sounds more suitable :)
    Don't know about being fit lol, Nige maybe, but not me at the moment, but having got some medical stuff and surgery out of the way I'm looking forward to get out and about more, so maybe a daily trek into the hills will be in order, balance out the evenings food and drinking :D
    Hopefully catch up with you both.

13. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Thank you Ed,
    I wont order any in Uk then will aim to get from Benidorm.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Good to know thanks :)

15. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Well thanks to @Dave and Ginny we have deciphered El Raco costs, they come in at 22 euros a night as the dogs are welcome but are charged per dog, so for us with the three it's working out a bit expensive.
    Email from La Torrents says they don't take advanced bookings until a week before arrival, but the dogs are all welcome, didn't say the cost though so some more investigation required.
    Edit, it wasn't La Torretta, but a site nr Mazzaron! Nige got confused

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  16. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

I have just been looking at La Torretta web site and thought you could book in advance (i could be wrong)

17. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Hi yes there is a booking online of sorts we tried this but it defaulted Spanish, so figured would try email.
    Nige has just informed me it wasn't La Torrenta that just replied but a site at Mazzaron!!!
    So still waiting on reply from La Torrenta, men! He's tried the online again and we think its about 18 euro a night including dogs, hopefully they will confirm via email.

Lin :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Well La Torretta haven't replied to any emails so looks like they are out.
    Arena Blanca have come in a 16 euros, so looks like might have to stick with them, it was a nice site & location last year maybe we will get a bigger pitch this time as staying 3 weeks.
    Aiming to go to Benicarlo for Xmas & New year, with a few weeks at Mazzaron after that.
    Staying at sites we have used in the past but for 3-4 weeks each, oldest dog Biskit is slowing down a lot, not sure she could handle the usual 9 countries in 12 weeks!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Glad you got sorted Lin, I take it that's the ACSI rate at Arena Blanca? Although I can't complain at a quick reply to our emails from El Raco and easy enough booking over the phone, they are all so spoilt with demand that customer service goes a bit out of the window! We stayed at Arena Blanca a couple of years ago shortly after Benicarlo and thought it was good but we were lucky to get a good pitch. 1 euro a pint in the bar impressed me as well! See you in Beni (y).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Yes hopefully will get a bigger pitch than last time :) El Raco, does sound great, if it wasn't the extra cost for the dogs would have gone for them. Only trying three weeks in Benidorm as concerned about exercising the dogs, the younger two will happily go off for miles, but Biskit is slowing down, so a mountain hike might be a bit much. Hopefully catch up whilst we are there, enjoy the sunshine :):)
    Not sure if ACSI or not forgot to mention it on first email, paying a deposit tomorrow via post office as it seems cheapest way, I'm sure they can fine tune the rate once we arrive if necessary :)