• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD La Strada Nova M Mercedes Sprinter 318 V6 3 Litre Automatic Motorhome Campervan (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Do you not think a classified ad is better for vehicles?

its certainly cheaper but auctions get more interest..my classified although having 28 watchers had no serious inquires..its the time of year I think. That being said have sold in November before now, you never know.....

once the sun comes out in the new year..its a different market

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
"96 viewed per hour" it says, so that's got to be worth the effort (and cost? I've never used Ebay). Casting the net widely and being patient will work in the end. Perhaps you could put this on German Ebay as well... (or is it all the same?) Being LHD and a more widely known (and respected) constructor brand in Germany then perhaps that is where your buyer is most likely to come from.... perhaps even paying for a small-ad in Germany might be worth it?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think the price would be a bit too high for mainland Europe though ... perhaps reducing the price more would help?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think the price is very competitive (it's an expensive van to start with). Have a look at the Novas on Mobile.de - Broken Link Removed
Not so sure, you've got it on there for €79,750 which equates to around £57k to £60k (depending on euro rate of €1.40/€1.35 = £1):
Broken Link Removed

The other one (link below) is €90k (£64-£66k) and a later model than yours by up to 3 years and that can make quite a difference, for example yours is a 2006 model year with a Euro 4 engine, this is a Euro 5 3-litre engine:

Broken Link Removed

I'm not knocking you at all but regardless of when it was registered it is an older model than most 2013 registered La Strada Nova M models, as I'm not familiar with them I don't know what changes were made between each year's models but I assume there are a few tweaks which have taken place between 2009 and 2013.

Dafydd

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
St Davids, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia on order
Exp
Ah yes, you make a good point about the year of manufacture vs registration & the engine being Euro4 and not 5. I'm not qualified to know what difference that makes to the sale price... but given the age and milage since registration I'm not sure it would warrant a particularly big discount. I guess the market will decide and the seller may have time constraints (?). But at face value, for this van and its extras, the £6ok being asked looks like a bargain to me.

As to other changes to the van design & build between 09 and 13 I don't think there were any really, although 3rd party components may have been upgraded (like the heating or electrical things, but I don't know this). As I had a Nova at the top of my list for a long time the only changes I noticed, during more or less the same time frame, was the updating of the base vehicle.

Edit: the one you link to at €90k does also have an Efoy 210 fitted which, if you wanted it, would be worth a few grand. So I think you may well be right about the price considering its opposition listed there.... perhaps the OP has left some haggle-room in his asked price. I don't think I would be inclined to drop it myself if I were selling it but then of course personal circumstances will differ.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A Euro 4 and Euro 5 engine can make a difference as to where you can take it and can't, and if it will cost you to do so. It may or may not be important to a future purchaser but then again it might be especially if there are any age related things that need attention such as tyres which if they are the originals are now a minimum of 6 years old and any mechanical bits that need doing, such as belt changes etc - I'm not 'up to speed' on Sprinters so can't say if this applies or not.

It is a lovely MH and I can well anticipate the next owner will be extremely happy with it and adding in the 'rarety' value of being able to purchase one in the UK that 'may' be worth something 'extra' ... but IMV I think its a little bit high still.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
A few points

*The one linked by minxygirl on mobile.de is mine (was based on rough currency rate at time of listing)
*I have replaced the original tyres with Brand New uprated LI Michelin Agilis Winter tyres
*The wheels have all been replaced with brand new powder coated Mercedes wheels (standard Sprinter wheels rust easily)
*I have spent over £10,000 on extras

*There are very few base differences between 2009 and 2013 Sprinters other than the Euro IV to V switch.

Option of 7G-Tronic Gearbox is the only one I know of

2013 Facelifted Sprinters came with the at least the following

Only 7G-Tronic option - More expensive than 5G by at least £800+vat (4x4's still only use 5G)
Euro Vb or Euro VI Engines

One thing thing our Euro IV does have that the Euro V, Vb and VI does not have as standard is the Diesel heater. That is now a £1200+vat option in the guise that this has.

Am am a bit of a Sprinterphile !

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
Our 2013 built [reg 2014] Regent L has the "319" badge meaning it has a Euro 5 three litre V6 engine...the auto option on this model [which we have ] is a 7 speed box...

The 2009 built [reg 2013] Nova advertised has I believe the "318" badge meaning it has the Euro 4 three litre V6 with the 5 speed auto box current then...

Nothing wrong with that at all ...
A few points

*The one linked by minxygirl on mobile.de is mine (was based on rough currency rate at time of listing)
*I have replaced the original tyres with Brand New uprated LI Michelin Agilis Winter tyres
*The wheels have all been replaced with brand new powder coated Mercedes wheels (standard Sprinter wheels rust easily)
*I have spent over £10,000 on extras

*There are very few base differences between 2009 and 2013 Sprinters other than the Euro IV to V switch.

Option of 7G-Tronic Gearbox is the only one I know of

2013 Facelifted Sprinters came with the at least the following

Only 7G-Tronic option - More expensive than 5G by at least £800+vat (4x4's still only use 5G)
Euro Vb or Euro VI Engines

One thing thing our Euro IV does have that the Euro V, Vb and VI does not have as standard is the Diesel heater. That is now a £1200+vat option in the guise that this has.

Am am a bit of a Sprinterphile !

I'm interested to hear about the powder coated MB wheels...who supplied those for you?

Good luck with the sale...we very nearly bought one of these "delayed export " Nova's from Mr Kerr...only reason why we didn't was that it would have been a very tight to fit into our drive.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
I bought new wheels from Mercedes and then got a company to Powder coat them, name escapes me but I can look back.

No probs...thanks for that. A really good idea to do that from new...:)

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
image.jpeg
Hi everyone,

Motorhome is now SOLD

We are currently in Germany in our car, touring around some thermal baths and staying in Hotels.

I do miss the motorhome, Mrs. TM does not miss it as much. For those who may be interested, we have just been to a very nice thermalbad at Bad Salzulflen. And, there is a Stelplatz right across the road. Very nice historic town and lots of walking and cycling opportunities.

We visited Palmowski whilst we were nearby. Saw the Budget XGO range, look good on paper. But once you start adding A/C. Auto box etc. €29,999.00 soon becomes €40,000.00 plus. We did see a very tempting second hand Italian van in-stock mind. Was glad the salespeople could not be bothered with us as "I" might have bought it.

I will update you all soon on our replacement.......

Hope everyone is well!?

TM

Last edited:
May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
We had a La Strada Regent L for 6 years really good quality all year round van and narrow too.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
The La Strada was kept by the buyer for just 12 months.

It was recently put up for sale with Spinney Motorhomes.

Clearly no idea what they were selling, was listed as Front Wheel Drive Manual. It was a RWD Automatic!.

And up for sale for Just £46,000 and sold to its new owner at trade price!.

I hope its new owners enjoy it!

TM

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back