La Rochelle weather in September (1 Viewer)

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We are thinking off going to France for 2 weeks in September it will be our 1st time abroad in our Motorhome, must admit i have read so much about what to do etc its all gone over my head so is La Rochelle ok in September?

Andy

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Might be good and warmer than here, but could be wet too.

I don't think theres enough in La Rochelle for a two week stay though. I stayed 2 days and I think I pretty well saw all of it.

If the weather dissapoints you can always go on to the Costa Brava which is usually good, and if the weather is good you could work your way gradually up the atlantic coast.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think i would stay in the loirre atlantic between la baule and la rochelle possibly the nicest weather in the whole of france . not too hot in summer and warmer in winter . my favourite area of france . i do like brittany but thats not france ,ask a breton .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
but good surf. and warmer weather. spent many a winter month around that area.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I love Il de re.. I spend weeks at a time on that island. So relaxing....

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We were there in April it was nice enough we went to La Palmyre near Vaux sur mer there is a nice zoo there and there are two aires in the town, one one the beach and the other is just out of town centre both 8 euros a night but the one just out of town has a borne for services it also has bollards :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were in the Vendee near La Rochelle two Septembers ago. It was tropical. Warm sunshine and some downpours. Warm enough to swim in the pool most afternoons.
But the weather everywhere is unpredictable. We're going to France in September too but planning to say inland. The best bit of having a MH is that you can always move if you don't like the weather. :roflmto:

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all your replies still not made my mind up where to go

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed on the I'le de Re last September and the weather was glorious the whole time there. Great cycle tracks around the island. La Rochelle interesting to visit.:thumb:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Martin did you book sites before you went?

No we used Aires and ACSI. No problems anywhere.The municipal site at St Martin was convenient for the town, harbour, cycle tracks, supermarkets etc. The Aire was more or less next door and fine for a couple of nights - any longer and I would go back to the municipal. Be aware of the road toll across a lengthy (and high) bridge to get on the island.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Grommett beat me to it..The Il de Re..smashing place or even the Il de Oleron thats good too all along that coast there is good

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just agreeing what has been said already when you have seen all you want -in La-Rochelle cross the bridge to Ile-de-rae, one of our favorite places, we always use Camping cheque and stay at La Ocean, find this a good location in the center of the Island so can cycle any way from there.

As has been said St Martin, La Flotte, nothing like packing your picnic hamper on the back of your bike then stopping off at the local market getting fresh cheese wine ect and sitting under the trees at St martins or buying fresh oysters at La flotte, just a magic Island that we keep going back to.

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Thanks for the replys Tunnel booked just got to work out where to go never been to France before:Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just agreeing what has been said already when you have seen all you want -in La-Rochelle cross the bridge to Ile-de-rae, one of our favorite places, we always use Camping cheque and stay at La Ocean, find this a good location in the center of the Island so can cycle any way from there.

As has been said St Martin, La Flotte, nothing like packing your picnic hamper on the back of your bike then stopping off at the local market getting fresh cheese wine ect and sitting under the trees at St martins or buying fresh oysters at La flotte, just a magic Island that we keep going back to.

Sorry I should have qualified this by saying to get the best out of the Island you really do need cycles to get around the miles and miles of traffic free cycle ways that link the villages and harbours. :Smile:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
June

We always go to France in September - the weather has always been good from the Loire valley, through the Dordogne and further south can get almost too warm for us. You'll love it.

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Well i have booked the tunnel no going back now think i will have to practice driving on the right before i go:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, Carol we dont have bikes but do like walking

Andy

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Well we are also going to France for the first time in September. Can't decide whether to go quite direct to the Dordogne or do La Rochelle first & drop down by the Gironde.
I would like to take a few days getting there, does anyone have a favourite route down that's scenic with nice town's & villages to stop off at?
I'm sure its all been covered before on one of the forums but if someone could point me in the right direction:Blush:

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
Its going to be busy in France in Sept. We are going over on the 7th, hopefully staying up north but will go where the sun is. The last time we went in Sept we had to go down as far as the Vendee for some good weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back