La Mailleraye after the barrier is installed. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We were at the Aire the 6th and 7th April and there were signs to say it was closed from the Saturday 8th until Sunday for an event- they had signs at the entrance.
Richard if we had known you were a" funster" would of introduced ourselves- I was the one that passed the books on a few days ago.
Sue
I guess you must have been in the other Carthago.
That was a very kind gesture to pass the books on. Kate was very pleased because she had a voracious appetite for books. In turn, they will be passed on to others.

Richard.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
@Whitebirdyman. No signs or indications that the aire is likely to be closed in the near future, so it looks quite safe to plan a visit.
The aire is almost empty again today, as I type this there are only 8 vans on out of 39 pitches. Very strange as it's usually very popular.

Richard.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Whitebirdyman.
The aire is almost empty again today, as I type this there are only 8 vans on out of 39 pitches. Very strange as it's usually very popular.

Richard.

I think your answer lies in your thread title

The barrier will have done it

They are probably all up the road at St Nicholas presuming that is still free :)(y) we will be trying there next time

have they got the borne fixed yet at La Mailleraye? taped of when we were there in Feb, think I read another post where it had been since December, maybe they are converting to free now you pay to enter :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I think your answer lies in your thread title

The barrier will have done it

They are probably all up the road at St Nicholas presuming that is still free :)(y) we will be trying there next time

have they got the borne fixed yet at La Mailleraye? taped of when we were there in Feb, think I read another post where it had been since December, maybe they are converting to free now you pay to enter :whistle:
The borne is working fine now but you still need a €3 jetton from either of the two boulangeries or the pizza place for water or 1 hour hookup.

The barrier system is really easy to use and very logical. There are several language choices, including English of course, and you really can't go wrong. It is by far the best system that I have come across.
Don't let the barrier put you off what we think is a wonderful aire.

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Richard
We're at Brantome now - what a beautiful town it is with a lovely riverside Aire.

Will be heading in your direction after breakfast and should be with you hopefully by mid afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Also you can come and go in your van in the period you've payed for.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
@Whitebirdyman. No signs or indications that the aire is likely to be closed in the near future, so it looks quite safe to plan a visit.

Richard.

Thanks, I am hoping that it stays quiet until Friday - I hope to arrive early in the day as it might become busy with it being a public holiday weekend, even with the new barrier.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
There has been another riverside aire at Heurteauville, about 3 miles from La Mailleraye.
I cycled past it yesterday and it is closed with the property up for sale.
Lets hope whoever buys it reopens the aire because it's in a very nice position on the riverbank.

Richard.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
British Motorhomes beat the Europeans by about 5 to 1 last night on the Aire last night - the Italian van needed British help to exit the site - nothing new there then!

Arrived at the Boulogne Aire, the one opposite the Fritterie, at lunch time and there was only us, a Brit van and two Netherland vans - no sign of the French - nothing new there then!

We had some frites and watched the dogging for a while before going to the Le Portel Aire - and found where the French were - well, at least 10 of them - all lined up Bristol fashion with their TV aerials searching for a decent programme to watch.

So, a quick beer, forty winks and a walk on the beach later - off home tomorrow morning - another holiday over.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Thanks, I am hoping that it stays quiet until Friday - I hope to arrive early in the day as it might become busy with it being a public holiday weekend, even with the new barrier.

Arrived here ok, 9 MH when I arrived and 16 MH now. Somewhat thrown by the market in the main access road but found the way around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back