Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi
Looking to go to La Clusaz next month. The route suggested on the Motorhome Ski website is the A40 to Bonneville then the D12 which appears a little windy. Has anybody travelled via Annecy and used the D909? We're not bothered if its a little longer if the route is easier.
Thanks
Jill

Deleted User
Hi Jill,

We have been to Grand Bornand (the next resort along) many times.

We come off at Eloise and go through the outskirts of Annecy, its a better road than the Bonneville Road (which although passable has some tight rock overhangs) You also save some toll money and you can overnight in Annecy Aire should you choose to do so. If we only have a week, we travel Calais to Annecy in 1 trip and do the last bit the following morning.

Looks like the snows arrived, enjoy!!

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Brilliant! That's what I wanted to hear. Looking on the map it definitely appears to be the easier option.
Many thanks.
Jill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hello, we know La Clusaz really well. If you want information on nice spots to park up your van then let me know.

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Jenben. It looks a lovely resort. We're hoping to get in to Le Plan du Fernuy (booking in the morning). This will be our 6th skiing joliday in the van and we've done both campsites and aires. We've decided to have the luxury of a campsite this year.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
D909, beautiful route to LA Clusaz.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Not stayed there @Jill , quite a walk into town, ski bus will be your friend.:)
lots to do in La Clusaz, swimming pool in town very pleasant, tends to be an English film at cinema once a week (Thursday?).
New large lift at Le Bossonnet has made a big difference to mountain access at the top of the resort (long drag lift was the only access previously).

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Don't mind walking, it looks about a mile on the map so not that far. Apparently there's a green run that passes the campsite down to the town too.
Tunnel's booked and reservation emailed to the site, so can't wait!

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Jill - Campsite is small and friendly - very good but we thought it a bit expensive at peak times.
Small indoor pool is good, wi fi and a small cozy lounge room.
If you get a bit of speed on you can just about ski back to the rear of the campsite - bit of poling - You can walk beside the same green run into town.
Don't get the very first ski bus in mornings up the valley if you don't want to be sat waiting for lift to open.
Road up from Annecy is fine -and you can usually get in the Aire at Annecy if you wish
Enjoy your skiing
Steve

OP
OP
Jill
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Steve. It's always an adventure for us. I'm waiting to hear back from the campsite but it works out at less than £30 per night all in which I'm happy with. We did Les Menuires in the aire last year but it'll be nice not to worry water & electricity management lol!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back