Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Anyone got one of these?

I know its from a good make but what is the footprint?

Cheers
2dogs

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We know BobandJane had one for sale as they have changed vans - but not sure if it is the same model - might be an idea to send them a pm to see if they still have it, that's if you are interested.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Anyone got one of these?

I know its from a good make but what is the footprint?

Cheers
2dogs

Absolutely the best driveaway awning we've owned and over many years there's been a fair few:thumb:

footprint is 3m x 3m if you go for the standard awning without extra sleeping pod. Plus add on about 80mm for the chute that joins to the van. its ample to allow the van door to open without touching the awning fabric.

joining and disconnecting from the van is fast and easy..... we use a converter strip so it slides in the leading edge of our fiamma canopy. just wind the canopy out a bit to drop it down, slide on the connector and figure of 8 strips to chute then wind back in. takes under a minute. releasing is the opposite procedure and takes 30 seconds or less.

ours has been up in strong winds and pelting rain and still no complaints. just perfect for drying off the dogs before going into the van and of course storing wet towels and muddy boots etc. or in our case 2 mobility scooters.

the best part though for me is that the poles are all attached and just hinge into place. it takes 5 minutes to put up and peg down (really hard standings take longer). once up its strong and the poles lock in place. If you're unlucky enough to damage a part, all the bits are cheaply available and easy to fit.

we were swayed to buy khyam tents when our daughter used to camp with us and if this one lasts as long will still be going strong for a few years yet. not cheap, but in my opinion value for money:thumb:

OP
OP
2dogs

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks all for the replies,

the motordome looks sturdy, more so than the one we've got, it flaps around at the slightest breeze. Ours is also 3x3 metres with a tunnel for connecting, just seems more and more sites ask you to keep it on the hard standing (within the pitch) so wanted something slightly smaller.

Cheers
2dogs

Scallywag

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Tealby, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2008
Khyam Footprint

We have a Khyam with our van conversion. It is the only one in the range tall enough to fit the van. However it is brilliant, robust in high winds, and the 3m X 3m, isn't that big relatively speaking. We got it almost new (demo) from Somerset Camping two years ago - http://www.somersetcamping.co.uk/products.asp?s=Khyam - and paid around £200 for it. Might be worth calling them if you decide to go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Also worth a look is the Vango AirAway Kela Tall, slightly more expensive by about £40, but I believe includes an internal bedroom and sown in groundsheet, plus insect mesh on the door openings:

<Broken link removed>

I'm at the deciding stage at the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back